PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble deciding on a new phone...

shrumhead
April 3rd, 2012, 03:20 PM
I currently use an HTC EVO 4G on the sprint network. I bought it exactly one year ago and so I'm due for an upgrade. I figured I'd just switch to an iphone 4s as I've never used iOS before and it "looked neat". Then I went online and looked at side-by-side comparisons to the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G and it became pretty clear pretty early on that the Galaxy S II is a better phone in every sense of the word. No 4g on the iPhone 4S meant for abysmal speeds, smaller display (though higher resolution), half the ram, and lets be honest... iOS.

So... from there I began looking into the Samsung Galaxy S II and while it looks like an amazing phone, there are rumors everywhere of the Galaxy S3 being released any time between May and June.

From there I found reading material on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. IGN gave it a 9.5 and so far the other reviews out there (for the Verizon version at least) have agreed that it is amazing... It's roughly 6 months old but it looks like the Sprint version is being released between April 15-22nd... so coming up pretty quickly.

I've done my research and honestly I just don't know what to do so I was hoping to hear a few opinions from people who own any of these phones or perhaps maybe your plans for upgrading in the future...

Right now I must admit I'm leaning towards picking up a Galaxy Nexus when it releases on the Sprint network later this month and just upgrading to a Galaxy S3 when it releases probably sometime around June... thoughts?

mamamia88
April 3rd, 2012, 03:53 PM
I would wait for the s3. i know someone with the s2 and it seems virtually indestructible.

wolfen69
April 3rd, 2012, 06:18 PM
You're not considering a windows phone? ;)

The galaxy S2 is just fine. But you can't go wrong with the nexus either.