PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 11.10 - Why can't I right click gnome panel?

alkal0id
April 3rd, 2012, 10:24 AM
I installed gnome-session-fallback to get the classical gnome desktop back but its not like its supposed to be. I used to be able to right click on the topbar and add stuff to it like that. Now when I right click on it nothing happens. I can't even move the items on it anymore. Is it locked or something? If so, how do I unlock it?

alkal0id
April 3rd, 2012, 12:40 PM
I figured it out. I just have to hold Alt + right click and the menu comes up. This new GNOME interface still seems to have way less features. Why did they have to get rid of the System dropdown menu. Is there any way to get it back? Whenever I install Ubuntu, I modify everything to my particular style and in this style, the topbar is like my control panel. I do everything from the topbar. The bottom bar is just for switching between windows and workspaces. I have no need for a side bar like Unity has. All I need is the topbar and bottombar but its ******* me off that they've made the top bar less useful by getting rid of the System menu.

mike555
April 3rd, 2012, 01:19 PM
Yes, it is ticking a lot of people off , that is why many including myself have moved to " Xubuntu " it is more like old gnome.....