PDA

View Full Version : Cannot debug on mono

shmparvez
April 3rd, 2012, 01:16 AM
I was debugging my application on mono develop and everything was working awesome. Now debugging never works for me starting today.

I dont know what has changed. Its really critical to get it back up now.

Can someone help me?

Thanks

Zugzwang
April 3rd, 2012, 01:33 PM
Perhaps you can start by explaining what happens when you try to debug something, including possible error messages, unexpected behaviour of the MonoDevelop GUI, etc.

Without any details, the best advice that anyone can give to the problem "it doesn't work", is unfortunately often only "then fix it".

shmparvez
April 3rd, 2012, 04:53 PM
Agreed. I am debugging the application I have (C#) in mono develop. It runs in debug mode and I can see the debug spew in the application output window. It never hits any breakpoints I set. I tried system.diagnostics debug break option but that does not hit break point either.
Right now I am debugging and fixing the issues by adding debug trace but that has significantly slowed me down.

Thanks for the help.

directhex
April 4th, 2012, 02:12 AM
You're using the soft debugger built into MonoDevelop, not the old hard debugger from the mono-debugger package?

Which Ubuntu release?

pt123
April 6th, 2012, 01:58 AM
what is mono's equivalent of starting the application by clicking the debug button in Visual Studio?

directhex
April 6th, 2012, 12:06 PM
what is mono's equivalent of starting the application by clicking the debug button in Visual Studio?

Clicking the debug button in MonoDevelop.

pt123
April 8th, 2012, 04:56 AM
Clicking the debug button in MonoDevelop.

Thanks didn't see the button, and couldn't find in the Build menu, just realised there is seperate "Run" menu.

shmparvez
April 10th, 2012, 06:24 PM
How can I find out which debugger I am using. All I know is that I installed mono package using apt-get and I had the debugger working and now it does not work.
its version 2.6 (thats what shows up if I do help -> about)

TokyoJeff
April 18th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Same problem here. I suspected it was something to do with using the Alpha version of 12.04 Ubuntu, either some library conflict or the Mono package itself, so I downloaded the monodevelop and dbg packages, compiled and installed them myself to the 2.8.8 release.

No change. Still can't set breakpoints. Rather frustrating, but I guess I did it to myself by using Alpha Ubuntu.... I hope the fix it soon in the real 12.04 release.