PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cannot login

mostafagen2
April 2nd, 2012, 12:35 PM
hi all,
i'm not profissional in linux life specialy with ubuntu and u can say am a good normal user trying to be profissional, now my problem is after installing ubuntu 11.10 i found it awsome BUT a went to upgrade as it requested and sudenly i cannot login using my account.....why??? idont know SO PLEASE HELP ME BROTHERS I'LL KILL MY SELF FOR IT

WAITING YOU

zombifier25
April 2nd, 2012, 02:33 PM
What do you mean you can't login? Does the system fails to boot at all, or you managed to get to the login screen but Ubuntu rejects your password?

mostafagen2
April 2nd, 2012, 04:15 PM
no i reach the login screen and i enter the correct password but it return me to login screen again.

mostafagen2
April 2nd, 2012, 05:04 PM
no one support, for a sysem not stable >>> so redirect to another OS should be stable

zombifier25
April 3rd, 2012, 05:15 AM
Does the login screen rejects your password or it does but throws you back off?

raja.genupula
April 3rd, 2012, 06:47 AM
I think its a loop back of login . after installing Ubuntu 11.10 , you said you went for upgrade .is that mean of you have 12.04 now ?

If 12.04 i heard there is a bug for login screen loop back in Ubuntu 12.04 .

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/precise/+source/lightdm/+bug/951404

Tass
May 31st, 2012, 11:05 PM
OK - I've had the same issue as everyone else and I think I've resolved it. I tried removing the Xauthority file and at the time I thought it had worked, with no success.

Turns out it was because I was using the guest account to try delete the file. The guest account won't let you run any commands as sudo, but running it without sudo didn't give any indication that it hadn't succeeded.

So - here's what I did:
- From the login, press Ctrl + Alt + F1
- As the prompt log in with a user with admin privileges
- Type sudo rm ~/.Xauthority
- Reboot! (sudo shutdown -r now)

And that worked for me - hopefully it'll work for you too!