PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Error during opening user directory (on desktop).

kleenex
April 1st, 2012, 02:01 PM
Hi, I have a strange problem on my Xubuntu 12.04 LTS beta 2. After system start when I want to get to my home directory by clicking on folder on the desktop after ten seconds I receive this error:

Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send
a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired,
or the network connection was broken.After closing the window with this message my home folder opens normally (with one click).
p.s. After very first time with this issue I had this error:

Failed to open directory "kleenex".
Error while retrieving information about a file "/home/kleenex/.gvfs':
Transport endpoint is not connected..gvfs hidden folder in user directory is empty.

2F4U
April 1st, 2012, 03:58 PM
There is a bug report that seems to be related to your problem:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/thunar/+bug/775117

kleenex
April 17th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Hi, sorry for the long time of silence. Thanks for the link. There is an interesting thing in post #4 by Mr. Miglietta. He wrote that Thunar 1.2.2 fixes this bug. It is strange, because I have Thunar 1.2.3-3ubuntu2.

$ dpkg -l |grep thunar
ii libthunarx-2-0 1.2.3-3ubuntu2
ii thunar 1.2.3-3ubuntu2
ii thunar-archive-plugin 0.3.0-4
ii thunar-data 1.2.3-3ubuntu2
ii thunar-media-tags-plugin 0.2.0-1
ii thunar-volman 0.6.1-0ubuntu1This problem still occurs.

kleenex
April 19th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Ok, solved. The solution was to change the values ​​of AutoMount entry in /usr/share/gvfs/mounts/network.mount file to False.

[Mount]
Type=network
Exec=/usr/lib/gvfs/gvfsd-network
--- AutoMount=true
+++ AutoMount=falseOn this website Comment #26 for Bug (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/thunar/+bug/775117/comments/26) user Kiran Majer also suggested creation of a file in the $HOME/.config/autostart/ directory. Generally he suggest to add something like (whole file is available to download on already mentioned site).

gvfs-mount network: > /dev/null && gvfs-ls network: > /dev/nullbut in my case it was not needed. Thanks 2F4U R. You helped me alot!