PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] launchpath and titlebar are disappeared (emergency)

woxuxow
March 31st, 2012, 06:24 PM
launchpath and titlebar are disappeared and i can not switch between windows or maximize , close or minimize them
i wiped the gconf before occurrence

Frogs Hair
March 31st, 2012, 07:31 PM
What Ubuntu version and desktop are you using ?

woxuxow
March 31st, 2012, 10:37 PM
What Ubuntu version and desktop are you using ?

ubuntu 11.10 with unity (gnome 3.2.1) but i don`t know what version it is

Frogs Hair
April 1st, 2012, 03:11 AM
If you can get into a terminal using Ctrl + Alt + T try the following if you are using Unity .

unity --reset

woxuxow
April 1st, 2012, 07:39 AM
If you can get into a terminal using Ctrl + Alt + T try the following if you are using Unity .

unity --reset

thanks
it temporary works but
when i run it in terminal every thing goes well and every thing that was disappeared start to appear tile

WARN 2012-04-01 11:04:26 unity.iconloader IconLoader.cpp:509 Unable to load contents of file:///usr/share/icons/unity-icon-theme/places/svg/category-available.svg: Error opening file: No such file or directory
^[^N
when i close terminal every changes get back
i installed unity-desktop but it changed nothing but unity-2d work well

Frogs Hair
April 1st, 2012, 10:16 PM
You can try the following to reset Compiz as well as Unity.

Code:
gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /apps/compiz-1
Then, open another terminal window, and run:
unity --resetIf you remain without a desktop and only with a Nautilus bar at the
top of the screen, go back to the first terminal window, and run the following.
ccsmWhen the CCSM opens check the box with the Uity Plug-in . If all goes well Unity will return . Close the terminal even if you see a running process message .

woxuxow
April 2nd, 2012, 07:04 AM
Thanks dear
i removed the damaged account yesterday and created a new account it`s as fine as first day
thank you again