PDA

View Full Version : Looking for fellow programmers to chat via Skype

pythonsyntax
March 31st, 2012, 06:18 PM
Does anyone know where i can find freind that are linux users and programmers with skype?

new to skype and just want to see if my skype works with linux.

Warpnow
March 31st, 2012, 07:20 PM
Skype is closed source. The skype programmers are skype employees. There is a linux version and it works pretty well but lacks alot of the features of the windows version.

pythonsyntax
March 31st, 2012, 07:31 PM
Skype is closed source. The skype programmers are skype employees. There is a linux version and it works pretty well but lacks alot of the features of the windows version.

I was not talking about that.I was talk about like java programmer with skype or people that are linux user i can talk over skype:)

I try to find freinds on skype but i said i was new to it:)

cgroza
March 31st, 2012, 09:10 PM
There is a Skype API, so you can program something that involves skype.

pythonsyntax
March 31st, 2012, 10:40 PM
There is a Skype API, so you can program something that involves skype.

I SAID i was looking for skype freinds

Kimm
March 31st, 2012, 10:58 PM
He is looking for people to talk to over Skype on the subject of programming (not pertaining to the Skype Source Code), he is not asking for help with making changes to skype.

I'm afraid I cant help you here though, I do dabble in programming, but I'm not on skype much :)

pythonsyntax
March 31st, 2012, 11:06 PM
He is looking for people to talk to over Skype on the subject of programming (not pertaining to the Skype Source Code), he is not asking for help with making changes to skype.

I'm afraid I cant help you here though, I do dabble in programming, but I'm not on skype much :)

Well we should chat sometime.

lovinglinux
March 31st, 2012, 11:31 PM
I would also consider irc. There are plenty of channels to chat with other programmers.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IRC/ChannelList

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InternetRelayChat

BTW, I have changed the title of your thread to represent what you really want, otherwise people will enter thinking you need a Skype programmer. Please feel free to change it to whatever you want.

pythonsyntax
April 1st, 2012, 11:42 AM
Thanks