PDA

View Full Version : ShipIt Suggestion

MonkeyNet
June 12th, 2006, 08:48 AM
I am looking at mirroring Ubuntu, Kubuntu & Edubuntu packages on my server for clients and prospective users. Would be great if you could request all flavours of ubuntu from the same shipit site, rather than having to login to the sites seperately.

But, that's just my opinion :)

Yossarian
June 12th, 2006, 01:06 PM
I'd had the same thought myself.

Whoever's running shipit would have the numbers at their fingers, but if enough people are ordering different flavours, a good selection to have would be 1 each of u-k-edubuntu for PC.

mips
June 12th, 2006, 05:09 PM
I am looking at mirroring Ubuntu, Kubuntu & Edubuntu packages on my server for clients and prospective users. Would be great if you could request all flavours of ubuntu from the same shipit site, rather than having to login to the sites seperately.

But, that's just my opinion :)

Ok, so you are going to supply them the .iso image files from your servers ? Why not just copy all the images over ?

MonkeyNet
June 13th, 2006, 04:41 AM
Ok, so you are going to supply them the .iso image files from your servers ? Why not just copy all the images over ?

Already have a copy of most of the images, but like to have a copy of them on cd as well. Call me a perfectionist if you will :P

Just thought that other users that don't want to download the images could benefit from being able to order the different flavours from one website

mips
June 13th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Already have a copy of most of the images, but like to have a copy of them on cd as well. Call me a perfectionist if you will :P

Just thought that other users that don't want to download the images could benefit from being able to order the different flavours from one website

Apologies, misunderstood you then. Well the Kubuntu & Ubuntu ones you can order, don't think Xubuntu though.