PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] singstar game performous shows lyrics and bar but wont play music

Admac
March 29th, 2012, 03:32 AM
hi i downloaded an application called performous wich is a clone of karaoke game sing star,
i have downloaded about 1000 song txt files which i have put into the apropriate folder share/games/performous/songs .
when i open performous i now have a list of artists and songs i can choose from and if i select one, the lyrics scroll past at the right time and i can see the mic is picking up my vocals as the bar moves when i try to sing into it but i cannot here the song playing (yes my sound is working i can hear the menu music in performous)
i have tried renaming an mp3 with the exact same title as one of the txt files thinking i might have to put the music file in the same folder with the same name as the txt file but it didnt work, has anyone managed to get this program working properly, i am a bit new to linux but a fast learner oh and i am running ubuntu 11.10 and the version of performous you get from software centre, thanks

Admac
March 29th, 2012, 06:52 AM
ok so i solved it, i must have downloaded a bad zip file, the songs from the performous website work that will teach me for downloading random stuff from isohunt :-)