PDA

View Full Version : Real Steel Movie / Zeus

UltimateCat
March 28th, 2012, 07:42 AM
That was the first robot I've ever seen with an Operating System.

That movie was the bomb if your into boxing-

Anyway; anyone know, Was that real technologies that are used today?

If so, that kind of building would be extremely expensive you agree?

Artificial Intelligence
March 28th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Moved to community Cafe.

Bölvağur
March 28th, 2012, 03:00 PM
That was the first robot I've ever seen with an Operating System.
I think almost every modern robot you have seen is running an operating system. But that thing about operating system that evolves it's programs is bull. You can make programs that evolve but operating system that evolves it's programs is a little far fetched (depending on definitions) when you think about the time scale.

Anyway; anyone know, Was that real technologies that are used today?

For what?
It is impossible to make robots as strong as they are in the film, as quiet as they were in the film.

I have never felt as bad watching a film because of flaws in it's concept.

CharlesA
March 28th, 2012, 04:32 PM
I think almost every modern robot you have seen is running an operating system. But that thing about operating system that evolves it's programs is bull. You can make programs that evolve but operating system that evolves it's programs is a little far fetched (depending on definitions) when you think about the time scale.

We don't have skynet yet. ;)

Bölvağur
March 28th, 2012, 05:11 PM
We don't have skynet yet. ;)
Some one said that everything is possible in computers, it's just the time we put in it that is limiting what we can do. 6 years to make skynet and put it into a boxing robot is.... :lolflag:

UltimateCat
March 30th, 2012, 02:23 AM

For what?
It is impossible to make robots as strong as they are in the film, as quiet as they were in the film.

I have never felt as bad watching a film because of flaws in it's concept.

Thank You for your input...I admire a Realist! :p