PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Are these Bugs? Should I report them? How?

infoholico
March 27th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Hello, I installed Lubuntu yesterday evening, I installed Lubuntu Software Center and chose some packs to install (Libreoffice, Gimp...) then I went to bed, this morning nothing was installed and there was a message about checking my Internet Configuration because I was disconnected, but Chromium was working right, then I clicked again to Install packages and it apparently began downloading again, I left the PC do its work then I came back to see the same message, I don't really know but I wonder if Screen saver could could be causing this problem, after that it was impossible to continue downloading something about 111 and rejected connection, I opened LXTerminal and installed packages using apt-get, I don't know if it is an issue of Lubuntu Software Center and if I should report it in order to help the developers.

The other thing is about compressed files, I'm trying to install a Theme, but the problem is that file roller doesn't let me extract the files nor in ./themes folder neither in my own desktop, it pops up a warning box telling me that I lack the permission to perform this task but it doesn't let me click close, nor do anything more, I can move the cursor but I can't click anything and alt+tab doesn't work, three times I had to press Impr Pant+Alt Gr+O to shutdown. Should I report it? How?

Bucky Ball
March 27th, 2012, 05:33 PM
What release are you using?

infoholico
March 27th, 2012, 06:14 PM

Rodney9
March 27th, 2012, 09:03 PM
I would try

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

For How-To's, Information and Screen-Casts on Lubuntu go to the
Lubuntu One Stop Thread -

Lubuntu One Stop Thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1844755)

Rodney

mörgæs
March 27th, 2012, 10:17 PM
If you find the same problems in 12.04, it would be great with a bug report.