PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrade to Ubuntu 12.04 using Live CD?

subhadip_sky
March 27th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Hi, I am thinking about upgrading my system to Ubuntu 12.04 from 11.10 after the Beta 2 release and I was thinking about upgrading using the Live CD. But I have never used the Live CD to upgrade, rather I have done a clean install (but this time for certain reasons, I don't want to clean install and start over.)
So has anybody ever used the Live CD to upgrade? Does it work fine? Is there any precautions I need to know about?

shubham1
March 27th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Hi, I am thinking about upgrading my system to Ubuntu 12.04 from 11.10 after the Beta 2 release and I was thinking about upgrading using the Live CD. But I have never used the Live CD to upgrade, rather I have done a clean install (but this time for certain reasons, I don't want to clean install and start over.)
So has anybody ever used the Live CD to upgrade? Does it work fine? Is there any precautions I need to know about?
good way of upgrading
one sugesstion download the desktop cd that suits you and if you have a usb or dvd or cd or external hdd or other bootable devices and then prepare the iso by any software and the plguin in your device ubuntu will automatically give an option to upgrade the benift is you have live operating system to boot when ever where ever you want

ranger1021994
March 27th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Its nice to use Live CD...
There will be an option to Install or Try Ubuntu..
U can Simply install..
---Hassle Free---
:) :)

raja.genupula
March 27th, 2012, 04:33 PM
yeah you can do upgrade with a live cd , the option you have to select is
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1QSDkzYY2vc/TWzh8Z786xI/AAAAAAAADNw/8lXqgCMgicY/s2000/ubuntu11.04-installer.png

2nd one in this line (dont worry about version)
NOTE: Its always better to take IMP data as back up before upgrade .