PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] After fresh installation: no space left on device?

AussieGuy
March 27th, 2012, 01:26 AM
I have recently installed Kubuntu 11.10 on a machine with a 300Gb HDD. All went well; I did a basic installation (just accepting all the default settings, except that I allowed the use of the full disk, thus removing Windows), and then copied the home directory from my old machine using "scp -r", which was less than 3Gb of material.

However, now when I attempt to add more things, I get a "No space left on device", and df produces the following output:

Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda1 303867232 288837784 0 100% /

I don't know whether this is a related or different issue, but I also now can't start X as it claims "XKB: Failed to compile keymap", and "Failed to activate core devices".

Does anybody know what's likely to be going on here, and how I can fix it? I suppose I can do a fresh install, but how can I prevent this happening again?

Thanks,
-A

AussieGuy
March 27th, 2012, 03:52 AM
Seems that my .wine directory (from my old computer) kept getting recursively copied into itself onto the new computer, until du reported a usage of something like 272Gb for that one directory. I'm currently deleting it...

-A.