PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation issues - Tried [11.10] and [12.04]

Siziano
March 26th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Alright so I I've spent all day trying to trying to install Ubuntu with a Dual-boot of Windows 7. I started off with 11.10, using the Wubi installer and then trying to install Ubuntu that way, everything was fine till the installation finished and wanted me to restart, once I clicked "Continue" - The screen went to a cmd looking screen saying certain things are being 'terminated' and with "[ok]" next to them. The Ubuntu dots (loading image) was miss-placed and there.

Once I loaded my computer back up and selected the Ubuntu generic, the Ubuntu logo and dots were far to the right. Once it came to the loading screen, all the users were to the left and then this bright contrast wallpaper on the left was there. (Half and Half) If I tried to move my mouse onto the first half of the screen, it wouldn't let me.

I then tried putting the .iso on a disk and that didn't work - I did that for 11.10 and 12.04.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? (Even sometimes the login screen doesn't come up at all and just goes into the pale colour)

My computer specs;
AMD FX-4100 Bulldozer @3.6ghz
ATI Radeon 6450 HD 1GB
RAM: 8.00GB

Rubi1200
March 26th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums :-)

Could be a graphics problem.

Try the suggestions in posts # 1 and 8 here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1613132

Siziano
March 26th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums :-)

Could be a graphics problem.

Try the suggestions in posts # 1 and 8 here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1613132

I looked around and saw that, didn't work. Also, If I click "try ubuntu before installing" option, that works fine.

Anymore suggestions?

Siziano
March 26th, 2012, 11:35 PM
After looking into this furthermore, I found out after installing it and booting it up, you can hear the login noise but then it just goes to pale screen and doesn't do anything.

Anybody got a fix?

Siziano
March 27th, 2012, 11:00 AM
bump