PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] messed up title bar or menu bar or dashboard whatyamacallit

mylo9000
March 26th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Ubuntu 11.10 using Unity on my wifes laptop has developed a weird issue i can't seem to find a fix for. I'll try to articulate this the best i can, but i'll also attach a pic for more clarification.

The title bar at the top of the screen suddenly became a few pixels smaller, maybe 4px smaller. not i a big deal but it mades non standard icons appear as if they're dangling and its really visible when a window is maximized.

At the same time the information doesn't appear to clear and its a jumbled mash all the time. (except when the File Edit menus are present, but goes back to jumble once cleard).

I've been trying to find a fix for these issues for quite some time.
maybe someone would have some idea or can point me to a thread that could help.

Thanks

jhdevos
July 30th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Hey,

I'm having the same problem, did a fix for this ever arrive?

Potentially useful is that I upgraded ubuntu from 10.04 (I think) to 12.04 (going through all versions in between, of course).

Jan

mylo9000
July 30th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Well I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that had this issue.
I was never able to isolate the source of the issue. nor could i find a fix. what ever was causing the problem was partially fixed by upgrading from 11.10 to 12.04. the part that was fixed was the tray size. icons no longer dangle and the gap on full screen windows is gone. however the redraw issue is still there. text doesn't clear and is only over written. eventually the text becomes a mash of window names and illegible. only a log out or a restart will clear it.

I'm at an impasse so i think the only solution left is a completely fresh install. I'm not going to mark this thread as solved because it really isn't. a reinstall is not a solution, its a work-around.