PDA

View Full Version : [mythbuntu] Upgrade from 11.04 to 11.10

romerje
March 26th, 2012, 03:53 PM
I just upgraded from I think 11.04 to 11.10. I got to the point where it wanted me to reboot after all the new updates. I did just that and now I am having issues. When I reboot I am getting a mounting error with one of my harddrives. the choices are wait, stop, or manual recover. i have tried all 3 without success. When it finally gets passed that screen the computer is on but no video. all my hardware is all supported by linux and haven't had any problems for months until I did this upgrade. Any help would be appreciated. If there is any information that i can provide to help, please let me know. Thanks

2F4U
March 26th, 2012, 04:28 PM
When it finally gets passed that screen the computer is on but no video.

What exactly do you mean by that? The screen is black, or you are just on a command line, or the computer is frozen, or something completely different?
It may be of interest to know your hardware specifications.

romerje
March 26th, 2012, 05:58 PM
as for hardware. I have an Nvidia video card and an asus motherboard(I have to look further for exact specs). the problem that pops up is a black screen but the computer is still running. earlier I had an "x" cursor on the screen when I just rebooted I am not geting any cursor.