PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Installation Office 2007

viktorjano
March 26th, 2012, 02:27 PM
I try to install Microsoft Office 2007 on my Ubuntu 11.10. I found this resource on the Internet http://www.ubuntubuzz.com/2011/09/install-microsoft-office-2007-in-ubuntu.html, and gone through the steps. But, somewhere in the process I got stacked in the terminal... Namely, a screen appeared in the terminal, something like license agreement, and I couldn't get past that. You know it says something, bla bla... and there's no option, like press enter or something. How to get past that??? By the way when I tried to uninstall the wine1.3 again the same window appeared and same again...

viktorjano
March 26th, 2012, 02:50 PM
To clarify... On the top of the terminal it says Package configuration
And in the window inside the terminal it says Configuring --- installer... but it does not go anywhere from there ???

ajgreeny
March 26th, 2012, 03:30 PM
This is probably the EULA that needs accepting before you can do anything more. Try scrolling the window that appears with cursor keys and then using "tab" until an OK or Accept box is highlighted.

It all sounds very similar to the EULA window that appeared when installing Sun-java in the days when that was one of my necessary additions to ubuntu.

Mark Phelps
March 26th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Normally, when you try to install an MS Office version, you get a screen prompting you for your product key. Are you getting that far? Or is it hanging up before that?

viktorjano
March 27th, 2012, 01:01 PM
OK, thanks for the answers, first...

I managed to go through... Yes that was EULA... I tried with the f-keys on the keyboard and suddenly, the f12 key worked out... After typing f12 the dialog box appeared with options <no> and <yes>. I still don't know what is the function of f12, but still...