PDA

View Full Version : Help with camera's memory card

abnordude
March 26th, 2012, 01:28 PM
I'm sorry....I dunno where i can post this question......But i have a camera....a sony DSC W530.......i dunno what happened......But suddenly when i opened my camera, i got a sign that said "no memory card". I tried it on my friends camera...a canon camera......it works in that camera......also his memory card works in mine......Please help me......What can i do?????????

raja.genupula
March 26th, 2012, 01:38 PM
have you tried by doing format ?
take the photos/video back up and format that Memory card .

motoroller
March 26th, 2012, 05:22 PM
I'd try checking with Sony to see if you're missing some setting here or there. I use Olympus cameras, and on those ones you usually have to turn the camera on, then select "PC" from the menu that pops up on the camera. If I had to bet, I'd say it was just a setting on your camera that needs to be switched. Sony's website should have a manual online for your camera.

Not surprised that your friend's Canon works fine... Canons are known for being pretty trouble-free in my experience

abnordude
March 27th, 2012, 03:54 PM
have you tried by doing format ?
take the photos/video back up and format that Memory card .

Tried that.......Yet nothing....

abnordude
March 27th, 2012, 03:59 PM
I'd try checking with Sony to see if you're missing some setting here or there. I use Olympus cameras, and on those ones you usually have to turn the camera on, then select "PC" from the menu that pops up on the camera. If I had to bet, I'd say it was just a setting on your camera that needs to be switched. Sony's website should have a manual online for your camera.

Not surprised that your friend's Canon works fine... Canons are known for being pretty trouble-free in my experience

Hmmm....I dont think I have that option when i connect it. Also, I can view photos in the inbuilt memory in my computer, but i cant view the memory card.

abnordude
April 6th, 2012, 08:14 AM
It seems that the a small outer portion of the memory card was broken...And hence it was not read by my camera...However, on asking about why it worked in the canon camera, he told me that the socket of that camera must be tight...and hence it worked in that camera...

Anyways, the memory card was on warranty, so i applied for it...Will get the new one next week.....

Thanks for the help guys....