PDA

View Full Version : iWindows

utnubuuser
March 26th, 2012, 04:50 AM
Any word on what's happening with iWindows?

Lucradia
March 26th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Why the heck would you want to emulate Windows on iPhone?

Grenage
March 26th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Why the heck would you want to emulate Windows on iPhone?

While I wondered the same, one of the driving forces in technical geekery is "Because I can".

Bucky Ball
March 26th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Strange place to be asking ...

Perhaps a Windows forum might be more informative ...

KiwiNZ
March 26th, 2012, 09:06 AM
While I wondered the same, one of the driving forces in technical geekery is "Because I can".

I gave up the old "because I can" stuff. If I want to experience a Windows phone I buy one. I just don't have the time or inclination to mess with what I feel are pointless tasks.

Grenage
March 26th, 2012, 09:55 AM
I couldn't agree more, but I can understand why people want to dabble. 10 years ago I might have tried such; now I'd rather buy something pre-made, and have a cup of tea.

rk0r
March 26th, 2012, 10:17 AM
I couldn't agree more, but I can understand why people want to dabble. 10 years ago I might have tried such; now I'd rather buy something pre-made, and have a cup of tea.

+1 on the tea bit.

WTF is the point of windows on an iphone ? i dont think this would improve the phone one bit.

knight2000
March 26th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Without dabbling experimental curious people there would be no Linux, and no technology probably. It's always good to play around with things, as long as you learn something along the way.

I have Windows, Ubuntu and macos on my HTC and Samsung phones, also on my Asus transformer Prime. All of them are useful to have except macos. I learned alot about virtualisation from that. Virtualization is becoming increasingly common in business, so its good to know as much as you can about that if you work in the field as I do. The company I work for virtualises most of our servers, mostly using. vmware products, but its nice to also try out some other products too.

I think iWindows is actually an emulator, but emulation is also a cool thing to learn. If you can make one system compatible with another and have the brains or to make use of that ability them its win win for you.

rk0r
March 26th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Without dabbling experiment curious people there would be no Linux, and no technology probably. It's always good to play around with things, as long as you learn something along the way.

I have Windows, Ubuntu and macos on my HTC and Samsung phones, also on my Asus transformer Prime. All of them are useful to have except macos. I learned alot about virtualisation from that. Virtualization is becoming increasingly common in business, so its good to know as much as you can about that. The company I work girl virtualises most of our servers.

I agree with testing an playing about, however virtualization should be done on servers not phones. The question is would windows make an iphone better/easier to use ? the answer is no as both platforms would be used to make calls and hang up calls along with the additional excessive amount of apps that you will never use.

knight2000
March 26th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Virtualization is moving away from just servers. Many embedded systems use virtual machines. Personally I think its great that people can do this sort of thing and they should be freely allowed to do it without having to jailbreak their devices. I doubt the developers care too much what any of us here think of it. As long as they and their users enjoy doing it then it's all good. I'll have my tea and get to improve my technology skills.

Bandit
March 26th, 2012, 11:41 AM
I gave up the old "because I can" stuff. If I want to...............

Ditto +1