PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu Instal Problems

buckweed
March 25th, 2012, 04:09 AM
Ok, so I went to the ubuntu download page downloaded the Pen Drive Linus's USB installer and then continued to download and install ubuntu 11.10 to my flash drive. I then started up the computer that I am trying to instal this onto (Windows 7 machine) and set the bios to boot from the usb. Everything worked fine up until this point. When i start the computer with that setting rather then going straight to the ubuntu setup instead it just sits at a black screen with a - blinking repeatedly.

I am trying to do a clean install of the computer and have it run on ubuntu alone, it worked in the past but i changed it over to windows 7 for other stuff but now i dont need it.

Help me plz,
Buckweed

Bucky Ball
March 25th, 2012, 04:13 AM
You don't have an optical drive?

buckweed
March 25th, 2012, 04:27 AM
I get a error when i try to burn it to a CD

Bucky Ball
March 25th, 2012, 04:40 AM
You are burning the ISO to a disk using 'create Disk Image'? Then boot from the CD.

Did it manage to create a CD but just wouldn't boot from it?

buckweed
March 25th, 2012, 05:08 AM
ok ya i used a different cd drive and didnt get the same error, switch to boot from there and it is now installing ^.^

ty

mörgæs
March 25th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Good, then please mark the thread 'solved' using 'thread tools'.

Werdine101
March 25th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Hi, sorry, I thought I'd jump in as I have a similar problem.
I just installed Ubuntu via a USB stick, I can't use the optical drive, and everything went well enough until I rebooted at the end of the installation. I just get a blank screen.
Any thoughts?
Thanx!
Carl

Werdine101
March 25th, 2012, 11:28 AM
By the way, I did a fresh install, no other OS on the HD. The PC is an HP.
I am reinstalling now. I f this works out I will make notice of it here.
thnx

Werdine101
March 25th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Actually, it makes more sense simply starting a new thread I guess, as the solution in this one is not applicable to my problem.
Thankx anyway!

Bucky Ball
March 26th, 2012, 03:03 AM
Actually, it makes more sense simply starting a new thread I guess, as the solution in this one is not applicable to my problem.
Thankx anyway!

+1. Exactly right. Start a new thread with a descriptive title and pertinent info. ;)