PDA

View Full Version : [wubi] Install Problems

Anthony Timberlake
March 23rd, 2012, 06:56 PM
I am trying to install Ubuntu using Wubi (I previously had an install, something went wrong and I'm trying to install again). I get to the point where it is extracting and installing, then an error pops up (I've repeated this 3 times now).

What is wrong? I have tried to get to the error log, but it seems to have deleted before I can get to it.

ranger1021994
March 23rd, 2012, 07:15 PM
I am trying to install Ubuntu using Wubi (I previously had an install, something went wrong and I'm trying to install again). I get to the point where it is extracting and installing, then an error pops up (I've repeated this 3 times now).

What is wrong? I have tried to get to the error log, but it seems to have deleted before I can get to it.

U can instead burn image to USB drive using Unetbootin....
It maybe Wubi error or sumthing...but UNetBootIn is nice utility :) :)

Anthony Timberlake
March 23rd, 2012, 08:14 PM
U can instead burn image to USB drive using Unetbootin....
It maybe Wubi error or sumthing...but UNetBootIn is nice utility :) :)
I will try this and get back to you. Thanks.

bcbc
March 23rd, 2012, 08:51 PM

Probably bug 862003. Can't say for sure with the info provided but if it happened right at the end, and it's regarding x:\\wubildr (where x is some drive letter that's a protected or readonly drive) then that's the problem. So you'd just reboot to complete the install.

You can use a USB to install Ubuntu direct to disk or try it in live mode; but not to install Wubi. Wubi is more for trying out Ubuntu and is safe and easy to uninstall.