PDA

View Full Version : Tea Or Coffee..?

rk0r
March 23rd, 2012, 01:52 PM
What is your daily dose of caffeine ?

odiseo77
March 23rd, 2012, 02:00 PM
Coffee (around 8 cups a day), and occasionally, green tea (around 2 or 3 cups a week).

forrestcupp
March 23rd, 2012, 02:13 PM
If you're going to include Pepsi and Coke, you should include Mountain Dew, which has more caffeine than most other soft drinks.

I did learn something today when I looked this up on Mayo Clinic. I always thought Mt. Dew has more caffeine than coffee, but it doesn't. Mt. Dew has 46-55mg per 12 oz, and generic brewed coffee has 95-200mg per 8 oz.

gutterslob
March 23rd, 2012, 02:17 PM
Tea

BrokenKingpin
March 23rd, 2012, 02:25 PM
Tea and coffee here. I probably like tea more, but I drink more coffee while I am at work as it is more convenient.

samalex
March 23rd, 2012, 02:28 PM
AM is Coffee
PM is Tea
Everything in between is Diet DP :)

rk0r
March 23rd, 2012, 02:34 PM
If you're going to include Pepsi and Coke, you should include Mountain Dew, which has more caffeine than most other soft drinks.

I did learn something today when I looked this up on Mayo Clinic. I always thought Mt. Dew has more caffeine than coffee, but it doesn't. Mt. Dew has 46-55mg per 12 oz, and generic brewed coffee has 95-200mg per 8 oz.

Ah i forgot about that drink mainly because they dont sell it in the uk anymore! :( .
Can anyone remember Lipton Ice Tea ?

Is MT.dew Green in colour ?

farrinux
March 23rd, 2012, 02:35 PM
I second that forrestcupp. MD really should be included, as an old MDaholic it's has a significant punch. :lolflag:

farrinux
March 23rd, 2012, 02:39 PM
rk0r it is green.

wojox
March 23rd, 2012, 02:58 PM
Tea and Coke. I use to have a crutch to MD. I would drink it for breakfast and pepole would look at me funny. :confused:

It has oranje juice in it. ;)

nathan.the.sane
March 23rd, 2012, 03:00 PM
I like hanging out in coffeeshops and I drink coffee while I'm there, but this doesn't happen very often. I'll also have a soft drink every once in a while when I get the urge, or when somebody takes me out to eat. I chose "What's caffeine?" :lolflag:

forrestcupp
March 23rd, 2012, 03:13 PM
Ah i forgot about that drink mainly because they dont sell it in the uk anymore! :( .
Can anyone remember Lipton Ice Tea ?

Is MT.dew Green in colour ?I still buy Lipton tea bags to make brewed iced tea.

Mt. Dew is yellow-green, but closer to yellow. It's a citrus drink, but it has orange in it as well as lemon-lime.

Tea and Coke. I use to have a crutch to MD. I would drink it for breakfast and pepole would look at me funny. :confused:

It has oranje juice in it. ;)At one time, I was so addicted to Mt. Dew that I couldn't drink anything else all day without getting a headache. Even if I just added a glass of water to the Mt. Dew that I normally drank, I would get a headache. I went through a very hard time of kicking the caffeine habit. So years later, I decided to fall into the Pepsi pit instead of Mountain Dew. :)

Erik1984
March 23rd, 2012, 03:19 PM
Mainly coffee but maybe I should start replacing coffee with tea more often.

Grenage
March 23rd, 2012, 03:22 PM
AM: Proper coffee made at home, comes out like treacle. So good, but my stomach can't handle more than 1 mug (I could drink costa/starbucks all day and have no problem).

5PM+: Green/White/Oolong tea. Good stuff, my teapot and strainer have seen much use.

rk0r
March 23rd, 2012, 03:47 PM
AM: Proper coffee made at home, comes out like treacle. So good, but my stomach can't handle more than 1 mug (I could drink costa/starbucks all day and have no problem).

5PM+: Green/White/Oolong tea. Good stuff, my teapot and strainer have seen much use.

wtf is Oolong tea..
sounds like a distro.

Dragonbite
March 23rd, 2012, 03:54 PM

Jolt!!
http://ubuntuforums.org/picture.php?albumid=2258&pictureid=8373

I drink coffee during the day and usually have a Coke/Pepsi at lunch (whichever is available.. I grew up in a Coke family and married somebody from a Pepsi family).

When I am able to, I prefer Mountain Dew to C/P for those late-night games and such.

Grenage
March 23rd, 2012, 03:58 PM
wtf is Oolong tea..
sounds like a distro.

Halfway between red/black tea, and green tea.

rk0r
March 23rd, 2012, 04:10 PM
Halfway between red/black tea, and green tea.

i want some!

---

I tried green tea once.. never again.

dpny
March 23rd, 2012, 04:16 PM
Coffee!! Coffee coffee coffeecoffeecoffeecoffee!

MarkC3pO
March 23rd, 2012, 04:19 PM
Milk & Pepsi. It's like a root beer float only cheaper.

forrestcupp
March 23rd, 2012, 04:21 PM
Jolt!! Do they still make that stuff?

Milk & Pepsi. It's like a root beer float only cheaper.
Are you related to Laverne De Fazio?

Dragonbite
March 23rd, 2012, 04:41 PM
http://ubuntuforums.org/picture.php?albumid=2258&pictureid=8374
:lolflag:

oldos2er
March 23rd, 2012, 04:56 PM
Coffee AND tea, in that order.

QIII
March 23rd, 2012, 05:03 PM
Don't ask me such a tough question early in the morning. It takes about 4 cups of coffee to clear the cobwebs.

MarkC3pO
March 23rd, 2012, 05:14 PM
Are you related to Laverne De Fazio?

I suspect her to be my birth mother. Squiggy may be my birth father.

My baby picture:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_toJM33-YAmE/TG3zXgZreeI/AAAAAAAADGQ/IvRxrefVBPw/wk37_squiggy2_thumb.jpg

mr-woof
March 23rd, 2012, 05:53 PM
I'm English, so of course Tea :) Normal tea and Green tea

jasonrisenburg
March 23rd, 2012, 05:58 PM
I prefer diet mountain dew, monster... well anything with caffeine except coffee and tea. Because of my religion it is out of my diet .... lol

Toz
March 23rd, 2012, 08:02 PM
Since espresso shooters weren't on the list, I went with coffee.

keithpeter
March 23rd, 2012, 08:31 PM
Good God man, its coffee in the morning and tea in the afternoon. Your poll does not fit my culture so I've gone for tea as its after sundown here.

GWBouge
March 23rd, 2012, 08:32 PM
Do they still make that stuff?

I think it disappeared from the cola section for a while, but re-emerged into the energy drink market a few years ago. It's hard to come across, I typically only see it at those little Mom'n'Pop gas stations.

http://www.joltenergy.com/

I voted for just about all of'em, it depends on what I'm doing or where I'm going. About a pot of coffee to get me out the bed, Red Bull (-type drink) if I actually go anywhere, and coke/tea throughout the day.

But my preference wasn't on the list, and it's pretty hard to find local:

http://drinkcocaine.com/

http://ubuntuforums.org/picture.php?albumid=2258&pictureid=8374

^ Awesome.

arclance
March 23rd, 2012, 10:11 PM
Tea - Black and Oolong - 4+ cups a day.
You can't get anything better than Lipton's here so I have to order the stuff I like.

lykwydchykyn
March 23rd, 2012, 10:14 PM
Coffee. All.Day.Long.

It's no longer a question of getting buzzed, it's about getting right...

beanhead
March 23rd, 2012, 10:16 PM
Freshly roasted at home expresso is my choice.
mmmmmmmmm coffee!

coffee412
March 23rd, 2012, 10:28 PM
I drink one to two pots of coffee a day. IIT hehhlps mee get mey worka donesa !@!!!

:D

Mr. Picklesworth
March 23rd, 2012, 10:53 PM
The lot! All mixed up together in a bucket.

Unless I'm having a day where I don't feel like being an idiot. Then it's lots of tea (Mark's and Spencer's Extra Strong!), and the occasional fancy coffee.

Old_Grey_Wolf
March 23rd, 2012, 11:16 PM
Re: Tea Or Coffee..?

None of the choices listed. I can't stand the taste of coffee, and proper tea takes to long to make. I prefer other beverages over Pepsi and Coke-a-Cola as well.

I take my caffeine alkaloid in pure powdered form.

Yep, powwderred, pwdrd, form, yeh...I thought I already posted this...Why is the forum so slow... :)

effenberg0x0
March 23rd, 2012, 11:23 PM
I alternate between Coke, Coffee and a daily dose of omeprazole (just to pretend I still care about my stomach). It's a healthy diet :)

Regards,
Effenberg

beanhead
March 23rd, 2012, 11:25 PM
Home roasted expresso when I wake up is the best.

Simian Man
March 23rd, 2012, 11:28 PM
Black tea in the morning and herbal tea in the afternoon. I rarely drink soda and definitely not Mountain Dew - yuck.

Old_Grey_Wolf
March 23rd, 2012, 11:32 PM
I alternate between Coke, Coffee and a daily dose of omeprazole (just to pretend I still care about my stomach). It's a healthy diet :)

One of my friends has reflux. It's not a pleasant condition to live with. I hope omeprazole works for you. :neutral:

MarkC3pO
March 24th, 2012, 01:02 AM
The lot! All mixed up together in a bucket.

Unless I'm having a day where I don't feel like being an idiot. Then it's lots of tea (Mark's and Spencer's Extra Strong!), and the occasional fancy coffee.

You remind me that I like dirty martinis with pickle juice or green olive juice. Yum!

Bandit
March 24th, 2012, 01:04 AM
Coffee then coke or another softdrink followed by out 3 energy drinks till I am off work ending the day with a glass or two of iced tea.. :D

Got to keep that caffine comming...

MisterGaribaldi
March 24th, 2012, 01:07 AM
Two cups of coffee a day, thanks.

I like tea, too, but I'm far more of a coffee drinker.

bastones
March 24th, 2012, 01:12 AM
Definitely tea :)

Linuxratty
March 24th, 2012, 01:56 AM
Coffee at breakfast,tea the rest of the day. No sodas.

MisterGaribaldi
March 24th, 2012, 02:54 AM
No sodas for me either, thanks. That stuff is just nasty!

odiseo77
March 24th, 2012, 03:54 AM
No sodas for me either, thanks. That stuff is just nasty!

Same here. Not only they're nasty, but they're also very unhealthy.

MarkC3pO
March 24th, 2012, 05:16 AM
Same here. Not only they're nasty, but they're also very unhealthy.

That's just the processed junk. Homemade lacto-fermented ginger ale is to die for and healthful. http://www.instructables.com/id/Lacto-fermented-Ginger-Ale/

odiseo77
March 24th, 2012, 05:25 AM
That's just the processed junk. Homemade lacto-fermented ginger ale is to die for and healthful. http://www.instructables.com/id/Lacto-fermented-Ginger-Ale/

Hmm, that looks good, and being home-made must be healthy, indeed. Is it some kind of beer?

forrestcupp
March 24th, 2012, 12:37 PM
I suspect her to be my birth mother. Squiggy may be my birth father.

My baby picture:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_toJM33-YAmE/TG3zXgZreeI/AAAAAAAADGQ/IvRxrefVBPw/wk37_squiggy2_thumb.jpg

That's great. :)

rk0r
March 24th, 2012, 03:33 PM

Whats laco-fermented ginger-ale?.. i want one!

I dont like the bit where he said " one glass made my stomach hurt.. " this is screaming stomach ulcer! :D

chili555
March 24th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Well, sirs and madams, that's a complicated question. If you are talking about my first thing in the morning who-am-I where-am-I caffiene dose, then it's coffee; and, by the way, don't slow down enough for cream and sugar. That thar cream and sugar, that's fer the wimmin-folk. I need it hot, black, now. I don't need to pay five bucks fer it neither.

At lunch and later, make it the ubiquitous in the US south sweet tea. That's iced tea with more sugar than seems reasonable and then just a bit more. No artificial sweeteners, please.

I guess my answer is "depends."

zombifier25
March 24th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Coffee is definitely my cup of coffee... some pun intended.
And I LOLed at the REDBULL choice.

speedwell68
March 25th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Tea is a much more civilised beverage.

forrestcupp
March 25th, 2012, 12:48 AM
There should be a choice for Pangalactic Gargleblaster.

MisterGaribaldi
March 25th, 2012, 03:08 AM
Tea is an elegant beverage, for a more civilised beverage.

Fixed that for you. ;)

Isn't that a bit like wrapping your head around a gold brick? But yes, I'm all for a PG right about now.

Lucradia
March 25th, 2012, 03:46 AM
Mountain Dew isn't on the list? Forshame. I hate brown sodas.

Also Tea? Nope.

Coffee? Blech.

Red Bull? Rather not.

Warpnow
March 25th, 2012, 03:49 AM
Tea is good.

Dr Pepper is absent from the list as the most glorious form of beverage ever conceived of in the history of time.

UltimateCat
March 25th, 2012, 03:54 AM
A 1/2 a pot in the morning.....I know that's bad; right-
For the rest of the day one cup of tea right after another and another and etc.

Seems we are all hooked!;)

Warpnow
March 25th, 2012, 05:07 AM
You can't get anything better than Lipton's here so I have to order the stuff I like.

I order tea off of adagio.com, good experience with their stuff so far. Where do you get yours?

ubuntu27
March 25th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Tea of course! A fine gentleman should be drinking tea :P

arclance
March 25th, 2012, 04:36 PM
I order tea off of adagio.com, good experience with their stuff so far. Where do you get yours?
I get mine from The Republic of Tea (http://www.republicoftea.com/) and Harney & Sons (http://www.harney.com/index.cfm).
I have been very happy with both of them over the last 10 years.
I will have to check out adagio.com, I have never seen that one before.

wolfen69
March 25th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Decaf tea actually still has a tiny bit of caffeine, about 3-4mg. That's all I get. I despise caffeine for the most part. If you don't use it, you don't need it.

Old_Grey_Wolf
March 25th, 2012, 08:58 PM

There is no caffeine in a Pan Galactic Gargleblaster. Although, it does sound good on a Friday after a bad week at work that I want to forget. :)

Max Blyss
March 25th, 2012, 09:19 PM
I contend continually with my dual addiction to Folgers' Gourmet Supreme Coffee and Coca-Cola Classic.

It's a rough life when you can't get your fix, lol.

MisterGaribaldi
March 25th, 2012, 10:55 PM
At least you're not addicted to Tang-flavored Sanka.

forrestcupp
March 26th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Does anyone drink Sanka? That's some quality coffee, there.

There is no caffeine in a Pan Galactic Gargleblaster. Although, it does sound good on a Friday after a bad week at work that I want to forget. :)

I think that Qalactin Hypermint extract naturally has caffeine in it. :)

QIII
March 26th, 2012, 01:04 AM
Has anyone noticed that you never see Vogons at Starbucks?

MisterGaribaldi
March 26th, 2012, 03:00 AM
No, that's because they all used to work for Joe Muggs.

This may explain why Books-a-Million is no longer in business.

Always hated poetry night there.

venator260
March 26th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Coffee for me, somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 of a pot most days; fresh ground and made at home with no cream or sugar. More if I'm taking a trip after work to start my weekend. I'll sometimes indulge in an expresso based drink if I'm on the road as I haven't found anywhere do brewed coffee that I can stomach. A mocha or latte has a greater chance of being drinkable, although it's not what I would preferr. Yes, I'm picky about my coffee.

I usually have a Coke every other day or so. I'd like to drink less of this, as it's just empty calories and quite a few of them at that.

And I'll have some tea every now and again. I favor Oolong.

TeoBigusGeekus
March 26th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Tea for me (PG Tips). Haven't drunk coffee the last 5 1/2 years.
Also, this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjmiap-uXug&feature=related)...

Perfect Storm
March 26th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Coffee - black.

jasonrisenburg
March 26th, 2012, 09:51 PM
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH yeah I love me some JOLT!!!!!!:guitar:
Well anything but coffee or tea....lol.

forrestcupp
March 26th, 2012, 10:17 PM
I usually have a Coke every other day or so. I'd like to drink less of this, as it's just empty calories and quite a few of them at that.

If it has caffeine, it's not empty calories. ;)

Old_Grey_Wolf
March 26th, 2012, 11:16 PM
I think that Qalactin Hypermint extract naturally has caffeine in it. :)

Considering the effect of a Pan Galactic Gargleblaster "is like having your brain smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick", it doesn't seem like it has enough caffeine. :)

Always hated poetry night there.

Oh, the poetry of the Vogons.

From the book, "Vogon poetry is the third worst in the Universe. The second worst is that of the Azgoths of Kria. During a recitation by their Poet Master Grunthos the Flatulent, of his poem, Ode to a Small Lump of Green Putty I Found in My Armpit One Midsummer Morning, four of his audience members died of internal hemorrhaging, and the president of the Mid-Galactic Arts Nobbling Council, survived by gnawing one of his own legs off... The very worst poetry in the universe died along with its creator, Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings of Sussex... in the destruction of the planet Earth."

mamamia88
March 27th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Coffee for me. Tea is kind of watery in my opinion. Coffee is great no matter how you serve it. Hot, iced, black, lots of sugar, cream. In any carnation you serve it I love it. With tea it's good cold with some ice cubes and a lemon wedge on a hot day or as a step up from water or right before bed but otherwise give me coffee.

forrestcupp
March 27th, 2012, 02:12 PM
From the book, "Vogon poetry is the third worst in the Universe. The second worst is that of the Azgoths of Kria. During a recitation by their Poet Master Grunthos the Flatulent, of his poem, Ode to a Small Lump of Green Putty I Found in My Armpit One Midsummer Morning, four of his audience members died of internal hemorrhaging, and the president of the Mid-Galactic Arts Nobbling Council, survived by gnawing one of his own legs off... The very worst poetry in the universe died along with its creator, Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings of Sussex... in the destruction of the planet Earth."

Love it! In his radio broadcasts, he originally used the name Paul Neil Milne Johnstone, which was a real person who supposedly wrote bad poetry. He was forced to stop using his name, so he changed it to Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings.

MisterGaribaldi
March 27th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Love it! In his radio broadcasts, he originally used the name Paul Neil Milne Johnstone, which was a real person who supposedly wrote bad poetry. He was forced to stop using his name, so he changed it to Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings.

I remember reading about this. I've been a fan since high school.

forrestcupp
March 27th, 2012, 03:46 PM
I remember reading about this. I've been a fan since high school.

Me too. I got into the books around 1989 when I wasn't having any luck playing the game on my C64.

rk0r
March 28th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Me too. I got into the books around 1989 when I wasn't having any luck playing the game on my C64.

C64! - this was my second in command.

Spectrum zx - was master.

I miss those days.