PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] (Macbuntu) fire burning effect not showing up in compiz config

razedafear
March 23rd, 2012, 08:04 AM
Hi

I have installed Macbuntu 10.04 transformation for my ubuntu 10.04.
However when i try to include the fire burning effect for closing windows, that option is not present in the pool of options in animations. Only fade and magic lamp options are there.
Attaching a screenshot of my compiz manager.
Plz help

razedafear
March 23rd, 2012, 08:06 AM
Hi

I have installed Macbuntu 10.04 transformation for my ubuntu 10.04.
However when i try to include the fire burning effect for closing windows, that option is not present in the pool of options in animations. Only fade and magic lamp options are there.
Attaching a screenshot of my compiz manager.
Plz help
sorry, tried to attach the screenshot but seems like it does not show up... newbie :)

stinkeye
March 23rd, 2012, 03:26 PM
Been a while since I used 10.04 but I think you need to install compiz-fusion-plugins-extra
Terminal command to install...

sudo apt-get install compiz-fusion-plugins-extra
and then enable the Animation Add-ons plugin in ccsm.
May have to close and restart ccsm for the burn effect to
show up in the Animations plugin.

razedafear
March 24th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Been a while since I used 10.04 but I think you need to install compiz-fusion-plugins-extra
Terminal command to install...

sudo apt-get install compiz-fusion-plugins-extra
and then enable the Animation Add-ons plugin in ccsm.
May have to close and restart ccsm for the burn effect to
show up in the Animations plugin.

Ran the command but looks like its already installed:

OUTPUT -
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
compiz-fusion-plugins-extra is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 382 not upgrade

stinkeye
March 24th, 2012, 06:25 AM
...and the animation add-ons plugin is enabled in ccsm.

razedafear
March 24th, 2012, 06:46 AM
no is was not enabled. I checked the animation option and now have the burn option but i think i need to provide some values in the fields when i click on "new" and select the burn option.

stinkeye
March 24th, 2012, 07:04 AM
no is was not enabled. I checked the animation option and now have the burn option but i think i need to provide some values in the fields when i click on "new" and select the burn option.
This is the default window match setting for "close animation" on my 11.10 install.

((type=Normal | Unknown) | name=sun-awt-X11-XFramePeer | name=sun-awt-X11-XDialogPeer) & !(role=toolTipTip | role=qtooltip_label) & !(type=Normal & override_redirect=1) & !(name=gnome-screensaver) & !(name=gnome-screenshot)

razedafear
March 24th, 2012, 09:43 AM
This is the default window match setting for "close animation" on my 11.10 install.

((type=Normal | Unknown) | name=sun-awt-X11-XFramePeer | name=sun-awt-X11-XDialogPeer) & !(role=toolTipTip | role=qtooltip_label) & !(type=Normal & override_redirect=1) & !(name=gnome-screensaver) & !(name=gnome-screenshot)

yeah..bt what to select in the two options?

stinkeye
March 24th, 2012, 02:16 PM
You can choose windows by clicking on the button to the right of
window match.
Choose the Type.
Then hit the grab window button to click on a window with the cross-hair cursor.

or
Just copy and paste the code in my previous post to the the window match box and
adjust the duration to around 300 or more.

The options box is just for overriding the default burn settings in the Animations Add-on plugin.
eg If you wanted the burn effect to be upwards when opening a window
you put this into the options box for the "Open Animation"

fire_direction=6

So the close animation will use the default down direction while
the open animation will use an up direction.

Play around with it. If you mess up , just hit the default button.

razedafear
March 25th, 2012, 05:44 AM
thanks..dis looks gud ..will try dis and let u knw.. \m/

stinkeye
March 25th, 2012, 01:30 PM
thanks..dis looks gud ..will try dis and let u knw.. \m/
Too hard to write in proper english?

razedafear
March 26th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Too hard to write in proper english?

sorry for being lazy..too much into chat stuff.. Good news.. i finally got the burn effect.. awesome :) thanks a bunch. well this would sound too lame but is there something like this in windows??

stinkeye
March 26th, 2012, 03:39 PM
sorry for being lazy..too much into chat stuff.. Good news.. i finally got the burn effect.. awesome :) thanks a bunch. well this would sound too lame but is there something like this in windows??
No idea,sorry.
I haven't used windows for about 4 years.
:tongue:

razedafear
March 26th, 2012, 05:40 PM
i switched to ubuntu a year back..and love the experience..just wish that ubuntu gets more supportive on the user end software..from CUI to more GUI..

stinkeye
March 26th, 2012, 06:46 PM
i switched to ubuntu a year back..and love the experience..just wish that ubuntu gets more supportive on the user end software..from CUI to more GUI..
It can seem a bit daunting to start with but with a bit more experience you'll
find the terminal commands are the best thing about Linux.
....and this is not from a programmers or developers perspective.
I knew zilch about this, and was just your typical windows user.
Through reading and getting help through these forums, I've learnt how to
use the terminal effectively and write simple bash scripts.

razedafear
March 27th, 2012, 03:16 PM
thats good. I am getting to know it slowly. Although my probook4530s win7x64 has been giving me a tough time with graphics, vague touchpad detection, slow wifi :(. Still needs improvement though..