PDA

View Full Version : A friend sent me this today.

winh8r
March 22nd, 2012, 09:20 PM
I received this from a friend who has recently made some steps towards moving over to Ubuntu.

It took me a moment to realise what he meant.......

Bölvağur
March 23rd, 2012, 09:21 AM
I don't get this and my good friend google doesn't either, it must be too early in the morning for my noodles.

SlugSlug
March 23rd, 2012, 10:21 AM
it must be too early in the morning for my noodles.

& mine

Grenage
March 23rd, 2012, 10:24 AM
I'll confess to not knowing that context menu even existed. Ostensibly it's quicker than 'mousing' over to options, but in reality it's not for me.

I'm either in keyboard warrior mode (both hands on the kb), or I'm in mouse mode (One hand on the mouse, one on my coffee); I rarely have one on each.

winh8r
March 23rd, 2012, 10:36 AM
Yes, i think he was rather sarcastically referring to the fact that it was rather difficult for him to hit the alt key and right click whilst being on the phone. (although I never asked him why he would be doing this!)

SlugSlug
March 23rd, 2012, 10:44 AM
what menu :lolflag:

am stuck on a windows box, currently downloading 10.04 to load into a VM just to see this menu!

forrestcupp
March 23rd, 2012, 12:02 PM
I never knew you can do that.

Bölvağur
March 23rd, 2012, 01:52 PM
...and all the little animals learned something new that day and lived happily ever after eating a pie together.

1 internet point for the grammar police who spots the missing word ):P

MarkC3pO
March 23rd, 2012, 02:18 PM
...and all the little animals learned something new that day and lived happily ever after eating a pie together.

After

sujoy
March 23rd, 2012, 06:10 PM
alt and right click would resize the window ofcourse :)

Ms. Daisy
March 23rd, 2012, 06:40 PM

LOL- double fail for me. Didn't know about the alt click thing, nor can I find the missing word. It's killing me- what is it?!?

aaaantoine
March 23rd, 2012, 10:20 PM
alt and right click would resize the window ofcourse :)

For me, that's middle-click. Alt + Right-click pulls up the window menu, same as if you right-clicked on the title bar without holding Alt.

Mr. Picklesworth
March 23rd, 2012, 10:52 PM
I thought this was poking at Gnome Panel 3's switch to using Alt+Right click for panel settings. Seems like a rather silly argument, though, because the net benefit of that change is far fewer (read: zero) phone calls from people who have accidentally removed panel applets.

Bölvağur
March 23rd, 2012, 11:05 PM
LOL- double fail for me. Didn't know about the alt click thing, nor can I find the missing word. It's killing me- what is it?!?

the missing word is "after"

you can see I removed one of the afters to form a very fun struggle in the mind trying to cope with the missing word.

[lived happily ever after] [after eating a pie together]

Ms. Daisy
March 24th, 2012, 12:18 AM
the missing word is "after"

you can see I removed one of the afters to form a very fun struggle in the mind trying to cope with the missing word.

[lived happily ever after] [after eating a pie together]
Ah. It works without the second "after," that's why I couldn't find it.
I read it as we would all eat pie together while we were living happily ever after ;)

Old_Grey_Wolf
March 24th, 2012, 03:53 AM
I really don't understand the joke. :confused:

Please explain it to me. :)

Since I have to ask, I am feeling a little embarrassed. :oops:

Erik1984
March 24th, 2012, 10:29 AM
I really don't understand the joke. :confused:

Please explain it to me. :)

Since I have to ask, I am feeling a little embarrassed. :oops:

In case it helps: I don't get the joke either :p

ibuclaw
March 24th, 2012, 10:40 AM
In case it helps: I don't get the joke either :p

Pressing Alt+Right Click requires two hands (unless you are on a Laptop, just to be pedantic). The depicted man in the photo is already using one hand to hold a phone to his ear, so excuses himself as he attempts to vacate it.

It's not roflystt material. ;)

forrestcupp
March 24th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Ah. It works without the second "after," that's why I couldn't find it.
I read it as we would all eat pie together while we were living happily ever after ;)

That's how I saw it, too. Taking out one of the "afters" completely changes the order of how things happened. :)

forrestcupp
March 24th, 2012, 01:15 PM

Lol. It's kind of like a "Why did the chicken cross the road" joke.

Old_Grey_Wolf
March 24th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Pressing Alt+Right Click requires two hands (unless you are on a Laptop, just to be pedantic). The depicted man in the photo is already using one hand to hold a phone to his ear, so excuses himself as he attempts to vacate it.

Oh, I get it now.

I have to use Ctrl + Click at work on the Windows boxes to go to hyperlinks in pdf files, and so on.

Over-the-ear headsets are wonderful things.

:lolflag: