rekonq
firefox
chromium
other

here you should be able to vote on google plus
https://plus.google.com/u/0/103973247113715942761/posts

x-shaney-x
March 22nd, 2012, 10:27 AM
Well I use Chromium in everything and although I think Rekonq is the weaker of the 4 listed, I think it should be default for it's integration alone.

For example, adding bookmarks will show up in search and launch or krunner searches.
It also fits in with the pretty looks of KDE better.

I also think it should be default to at least introduce it to other people who may not have used it or be aware of it.

Rekonq has improved a lot over time and it will keep getting better.

Main reason I don't use it in KDE is in fact Chromium's sync feature, otherwise it would be Rekonq.

bulldog98
March 22nd, 2012, 10:31 AM
Did you know that the rekonq Developers are working on doing a sync?

nowardev
March 22nd, 2012, 10:42 AM
so the plan is there but now? bulldog this is a good way to understand that untill rekonq is not a good browser it should not be used. who want test beta software like rekonq is should install it,but it should not be a default browser.

x-shaney-x
March 22nd, 2012, 10:59 AM
Did you know that the rekonq Developers are working on doing a sync?

Yes I know about that but I don't want to use Rekonq in Unity, for example.
I try a lot of different desktops and OS's so I need something more universal.
If I was strictly a KDE user I would go the Rekonq route though.

nowardev
March 24th, 2012, 04:40 PM
mm i guess this topic has not luck here

PaulW2U
March 24th, 2012, 04:51 PM
I use Opera but I guess Firefox should continue to be Kubuntu's default browser due to the number of people using it.

rekonq has its uses but it crashes frequently when it is unable to display a web page. I've never found Chrome or Chromium to look very good in the later versions of KDE although the display of web pages is fine.

So I voted Firefox.

Lucradia
March 24th, 2012, 07:08 PM
I've had serious issues with the original Konquerer, and because of that, I won't try any other KDE browser, so I'll have to go with Firefox. (Chrome I can't stand due to various issues, and Opera same deal.)

BrokenKingpin
March 24th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Chromium. I find rekonq to be very buggy and does not have the features I require. Firefox is fine, but Chromium does most things better in my opinion.

nowardev
March 25th, 2012, 03:31 PM
so rekonq crashes to you too , at least i am not the oly that hate that stuff , it's fast it's fast it's new it kde integrated but it crashes like a *****

nowardev
March 28th, 2012, 08:18 AM
well , i ma trying to create a new metapackage that should remove rekonq and install firefox if anyone want help ...

nowardev
March 31st, 2012, 06:43 PM
bump

vaino
July 9th, 2012, 03:24 PM
I voted Firefox because i like firefox 13 but before de raelase of firefox 13 i use Opera and chromium
sorry for my inglish :P

BigSilly
July 9th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Not sure what I think tbh. I'm a Kubuntu user now, and yes I always use Firefox. But I support the distro using KDE programs as their flagship apps. Personally, I think Kubuntu offers a superbly keen upstream KDE experience, and I'm not sure I would want them to mess with that.

OK, after a think I reckon on balance I like the way it is done now, where Rekonq is available out of the box, but the Firefox installer is highly visible. So I suppose I can't vote. :)

whatthefunk
July 9th, 2012, 03:56 PM
KDE integration for Firefox has been dropped, so having Firefox be the official browser would be kind of stupid.

Chromium....not my cup of tea.

Im an Opera fan. It integrates well with KDE and is easy to use.

I suppose the default browser should be a native KDE app, like Rekonq. Anybody who wants something different can very easily install it themselves.

BigSilly
July 9th, 2012, 04:06 PM
KDE integration for Firefox has been dropped, so having Firefox be the official browser would be kind of stupid.

Chromium....not my cup of tea.

Im an Opera fan. It integrates well with KDE and is easy to use.

I suppose the default browser should be a native KDE app, like Rekonq. Anybody who wants something different can very easily install it themselves.

I keep meaning to try Opera again. I'll have a hunt for it now.

I'm not sure, but there were rumblings on the Kubuntu forums that KDE integration may be coming back for Firefox. I think the Blue Systems people have something to do with it.

whatthefunk
July 9th, 2012, 04:13 PM
At the moment, there is no official integration, but someone over at Kubuntu forums has packaged up all the stuff necessary and uploaded it to a ppa. Its still possible, but not convenient.

BigSilly
August 8th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Been using Opera recently on Kubuntu, and have to say I really like it. I had a few bugs with version 12.00, but version 12.01 has fixed them straight up. It even has a little hw accel, so you get a page full of fishies on the Fish Bowl test! But other than that it's fast and very customisable, and even has an integrated email client that I've got my eye on. Cool!

Jakin
August 8th, 2012, 01:49 PM
kubuntu should stick with rekonq, it is official software of KDE and part of the system as a whole i think (removing it is no easy task) - that being said, another browser should be included if at all possible, Chromium or Firefox/Aurora. Opera Next is just as good; as well.

But these are all easy to get ahold of via software center- kubuntu even has a automatic installer for firefox in the INTERNET menu on clean install.

MadmanRB
August 8th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Chromium due to pepperflash compatibility