PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Triple boot Mac OS X lion, Windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.04

khaar_nabash
March 22nd, 2012, 06:10 AM
Hello everyone, I have a small problem installing linux on my computer. I recently upgraded to mac os x lion from snow leopard and i would like to triple boot it with linux on one partition ( for general use and coding) and windows 7 (for my games that doesn't run on wine) on the other one. But I am having a hard time doing this. I was able to succesfully triple boot my mac with snow leopard w7 and ubuntu by using refit as a boot loader which let me choose between the three OS. But now, trying to triple boot with an encrypted mac os x lion partition wont work since refit won't load before the encryption key is unlocked. I can double boot running mac os x lion (encrypted) and windows 7 without any problems, so i though if I install ubuntu on the same partition as my windows 7 side by side, i could boot up to the boot camp partition by holding the alt key at start up, and GRUB would let me chose which OS to boot from after the window partition is loaded. But doing it this way will leave me with an unbootable windows 7 saying that no operating system has been found. The mac os x lion partition can still be booted, and when i mounted the w7 partition on finder, i can see the windows 7 partition still has all its files and nothing has changed. It seems that the computer just cant find it. Could anyone help me to fix this without decrypting my mac os x partition.

Thanks a lot!