PDA

View Full Version : Disqus vs Livefyre Commenting systems.

waloshin
March 21st, 2012, 11:41 PM
Livefyre vs Discus commenting system what do you like to use on websites?

Livefyre Example (http://waloshin.com/apple-tv-to-be-full-cinema.html#respond)
Disqus Example (www.engadget.com)

knight2000
March 22nd, 2012, 12:41 AM
I use my own, because I don't want disqus being able to track which pages my users are visiting . I am concerned about the number of tracking scripts being quietly embedded into websites. For example, yahoo normally have around 8 third party tracking scripts in the code of each news article. Other mainstream news sites I've visited have up to 15 tracking scripts per page. I'm sure disqus does the comments job they claim to do, but possibly their script will also collect data about your users. For more information about tracking techniques Google Ghostery. That's what I use to track the trackers.

If you don't mind that the disqus is pretty easy to set up and works well for most people.

sandyd
March 22nd, 2012, 06:38 AM
I use my own, because I don't want disqus being able to track which pages my users are visiting . I am concerned about the number of tracking scripts being quietly embedded into websites. For example, yahoo normally have around 8 third party tracking scripts in the code of each news article. Other mainstream news sites I've visited have up to 15 tracking scripts per page. I'm sure disqus does the comments job they claim to do, but possibly their script will also collect data about your users. For more information about tracking techniques Google Ghostery. That's what I use to track the trackers.

If you don't mind that the disqus is pretty easy to set up and works well for most people.
Just use a text-based browser such as lynx. Once you close the browser, no cookies. And lynx asks if you want to accept the cookies anyways

forrestcupp
March 22nd, 2012, 12:16 PM
I see Disqus all over the place, but I've never even heard of Livefyre. So I had to vote for Disqus. I have an account set up with them with a user name that I've never used anywhere else.