PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] New windows are sized the size of the screen, but not maximized

marinara
March 21st, 2012, 10:50 AM
I'm used to having windows remember the size.
So If I close mah-jongg, and then re-open, it will remember the size it was before, and I won't have to resize it manually. This isn't happening on lubuntu. Also when I create a new window like in firefox or pcmanfm, the window will have the size of the screen, but it won't be maximized. it will just be a normal window, that happens to be the size of the screen. I know there's a difference, because you can't drag a maxmized window. Sorry for the long paragraph.

What's the deal? Am I expecting too much? Should these child windows actually be maximized, and not normal windows the size of the screen?

TIA!

marinara
March 25th, 2012, 05:25 AM
bump

marinara
March 30th, 2012, 04:29 PM
bump

Rex Bouwense
March 31st, 2012, 12:28 AM
When I first read this post I was confused. I then opened a half dozen applications, some of which open like you stated and some open up in a small window. The ones that open in small windows like Galculator or LXTerminal, do not need the large windows. As for the others, I looked around and could not determine why. Because I am using a netbook, I did not notice that the windows were not maximized even though they covered the whole screen. This will give you a bump and let you know that you are not alone.:popcorn:

marinara
March 31st, 2012, 01:57 PM
yeah i was reading some comic books on my pc yesterday.

every time i opened a comic book, Document Viewer would open with a different window size. I mean it was totally random, it seemed.

marinara
April 2nd, 2012, 02:00 PM
what is equally annoying is windows popping up under the current window. So If I do something to open a new window, that I need, it's not on top, until I alt-tab to the new window

Rex Bouwense
April 2nd, 2012, 02:38 PM
Well, look at the bright side. Lubuntu 12.04 will be released in three plus weeks and perhaps it will correct most of our nit-picking problems. You know, I can forgive a great deal when I get the speed and the desktop of Lubuntu.

mpodniesinski
April 4th, 2012, 10:14 PM
I have the same problem with Chrome. It sometimes opens maximized which is ok, but sometimes it opens not maximized (of course it was closed when maximized prior to that).

marinara
April 16th, 2012, 11:51 PM
i'm thinking saving window size is the responsibility of the app
can anyone confirm this?