PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] middle click paste in gedit?

gleedadswell
March 21st, 2012, 03:57 AM
I'm not sure whether this is a desktop environment question, but it seems like interaction of an application with the desktop.

I like middle click paste. It doesn't work fully in gedit. That is, I can select something in gedit and middle click paste it to another application window. I can select something in another application and middle click paste it to gedit. But I can't select in gedit and then middle click paste elsewhere in the same window.

I know, I know. The solution is to use a different editor (I'll mention that for many purposes I prefer emacs, at the risk of all the vim users immediately telling me there is something wrong with me :rolleyes: ).

Is there any way to modify gedit's behaviour so I can middle click paste from one place to another in it?

mcduck
March 21st, 2012, 11:04 AM
It should work just fine, the only riule is that Gedit doesn't like it if you try to use primary selection to paste text right next to where you copied it from. But as long as there's any other content between what you copy and where you paste it, there really shouldn't be any problems.

Is this what you are having problems with, or are you actually unable to use primary selection to paste anywhere inside Gedit window?

gleedadswell
June 3rd, 2012, 12:00 PM
It won't let me paste it to anywhere in the same window.