PDA

View Full Version : How to make bulletpoint liste in Gimp

thorbs
March 19th, 2012, 11:42 PM
I would like to make a bulletpoint list, in the text in Gimp. I have not been able to figure out how?

Anybody who knows?

BcRich
March 30th, 2012, 05:38 PM
I would like to make a bulletpoint list, in the text in Gimp. I have not been able to figure out how?

Anybody who knows?
Hi thorbs
sorry but i don't think the gimp has this option, well certainly no automation for doing this in the 2.6x series. there have been some improvements to text editing in the 2.7x series but i'm not sure if there have some sort of automation for creating bulletpoints (like you'd expect in a wordprocessor). you're best bet is to use the circle selection, fill it, then duplicate the layer to create the bullets. Well atleast that's what I'd do...

SeijiSensei
March 30th, 2012, 06:32 PM
In Kubuntu, I'd use kcharselect to copy the bullet character (U+2022) to the clipboard then paste it into the text box. I presume there's an equivalent utility to kcharselect in other Ubuntu flavors.

winh8r
March 30th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Try using the "n" key on the keyboard and select the "Webdings" font in the text layer dialog.

It is best to do one line at a time if you are doing it this way, however it would be much easier to make a list in Open Office and use a screenshot of it which you can edit in GIMP.

Hope this helps.

prokoudine
April 3rd, 2012, 08:58 PM
however it would be much easier to make a list in Open Office and use a screenshot of it which you can edit in GIMP.

It would be even easier to copy/paste that text from LibreOffice via clipboard.