PDA

View Full Version : Google street view freezes and get blurry for 2 or 3 seconds when loading a new pictu

nec207
March 19th, 2012, 09:24 PM
So I'm using Google street view but it is very frustrating every time you click to move up or down the street it freezes and get blurry for 2 or 3 seconds when loading a new picture !!

Is this do to the fact my computer is not powerful enough for video work or is this problem with google?

winh8r
March 19th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Don't use it much now but I used to find that it was fine if you looked around in panorama mode but it did get quite fuzzy when moving. Probably just to do with the fact that you are navigating through a series of picture images in order to move along the street, and each new picture has to load as you go.
Satellite view is much the same if you move around, takes a couple of seconds to get proper focus.

doorknob60
March 19th, 2012, 11:27 PM
It's just loading the new image. If your internet connection is slow, it will take longer, that's all.

nec207
March 19th, 2012, 11:32 PM
It's just loading the new image. If your internet connection is slow, it will take longer, that's all.

Is there a web site I can test my internet speed to see if this a problem or problem with google?

doorknob60
March 20th, 2012, 12:58 AM
http://speedtest.net

nec207
March 20th, 2012, 05:07 PM
http://speedtest.net

That may be do to my ISP the Packag I have .

My packag is 20 Mbps download and upload is 512 Kbps.

On the speed test today is bit slower of 18 Mbps

doorknob60
March 21st, 2012, 07:07 AM
That may be do to my ISP the Packag I have .

My packag is 20 Mbps download and upload is 512 Kbps.

On the speed test today is bit slower of 18 Mbps
That's still fairly fast, I only have 8 mbps and that's fast enough for me. Maybe you just need to be a little patient when using Street View (I've never been bothered by the speed of it), I don't think there's any other way to speed it up.

nec207
March 24th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Has anyone else here had problems with google street view freezes and get blurry for 2 or 3 seconds .

What is you internet speed , computer spec and time of day using google street view.