PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] PDF viewer for viewing Embedded movies in presentation.

souravc83
March 17th, 2012, 08:33 AM
After shifting to Ubuntu, I have started making my presentations using the latex beamer package. A totally great package to use, despite the relatively steep learning curve.

However, the only problem I am facing is to display embedded movies in my presentation. I am trying to play the movie in the pdf which can be downloaded from here. (http://pages.uoregon.edu/noeckel/computernotes/movieExample/movie.pdf)

1)Adobe Reader does not play embedded movies, because it requires realplayer to play them.
2) I have tried evince. Evince opens a separate window to play the movies in the normal mode (this is okay, acceptable to me), but in the presentation mode, this does not work. I searched the web a bit, and found that this was a bug in evince which has been corrected in the latest version. I am using the latest stable version, which is 3.2, but this still happens in my system. So Evince does not work either.
3) I have tried okular. But it just brings up an yellow textbox when I click on the movie.

Does anyone have a solution, which will allow me to play an embedded movie in a presentation in a pdf viewer?

I am not too concerned about the format. I can embed whichever format works.

(The only other thing that apparently used to work is Acrobat Reader 7. This is what this old post (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=592859) in the ubuntuforum says. However, I could not find the Acrobat 7 installation files for linux on the web, so could not test this solution too)

tbhatia4
March 17th, 2012, 11:23 AM
this issue is too specific

i have downloaded the file you posted
i would suggest you to post this content in an appropriate section rather than begginers talk

souravc83
March 17th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Thanks. I posted it in the multimedia section.
Can the moderators please remove this thread?
Sorry,I couldn't find a way to delete the thread. Maybe I am missing something.