PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] mouse freezes in Oneric install

Ol'manScratch
March 16th, 2012, 07:13 PM
I'm having serious mouse problems in Oneric. I upgraded to it from 11.04 a couple of weeks ago. Now the mouse freezes on web pages or when I can move it, goes wild. This does not happen on all pages all of the time. It's intermittent, but it is getting worse. Very frustrating.
I tried changing the options, but it does not seem to work. I disabled and uninstalled the most recent apps I'd downloded: Ghostery and Flash-aid, but that didn't work either. I did not have these problems before I installed Oneric. Any ideas?

Desktop: AMD 4X Phenom-64bit; 4GB Ram; 640 HD; Gear Head wireless keyboard and 5 mouse with new batteries.

I have many other issues with Oneric, but I'll save those for a different post.

March 16th, 2012, 07:19 PM
does your mouse mess up when using anything else(ie. other browsers, desktop, banshee)?

Holdolin
March 16th, 2012, 07:43 PM
If your mouse isn't your only problem since the upgrade, i'd suggest backing up your stuff and doing a clean install. That is why I stick to the LTS's and do a clean install when I do upgrade.

Ol'manScratch
March 17th, 2012, 10:38 PM
does your mouse mess up when using anything else(ie. other browsers, desktop, banshee)?

Holdolin
My mouse usually gets goofy within Firefox for sure, but I just tried to repeat it on these forum pages and it seems fine. It's intermittent behavior so I'll monitor it and post back here if the problem re-occurs.
Thanks