PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Cannot find CRLDR?

thenovelist
March 16th, 2012, 01:02 PM
I have been trying to resolve a boot problem. I have Win7 64 bit And the latest Ubuntu on drive 'D'. I had read that someone copied the boots to C:/ and it worked. It did for me, but alas it succeeded to boot but not open Ubuntu, it just started the boot sequence. The D drive boot files look like this
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7193/6987019539_6d60824e60.jpg
Are there too many records here? Or, is there something else I have to do to rectify it? I use Ubuntu every day and it is dam annoying this has happened as I need to get to a lot of files asap.

Thanks for looking hope you can assist

thenovelist
March 17th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Okay, I think I have found my way round this. As it was installed within Windows I copied all of the Ubuntu file to another USB drive. I turned it off and uninstalled Ubuntu, then re-installed it. I then restarted Ubuntu which then re-instated the boot sequence on C drive. It worked fine, then I rebooted back to Windows. I copied over the new install from my old Ubuntu and restarted it. All hopefully is working okay and back to normal. I have lost no updates, software or folders!!
I had tried for hours copying boot sequences and doing all that was written on the internet, but NOTHING worked. So out of shear frustration I came up with what I did. Hope it helps anyone else that has a problem with the boot problems.