PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Can I set 'default' 'keyring' password to Auto on Boot ?

bipolaric
March 16th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Hi everyone,

First of all I would like to thank all those people who tried to help me with my i855GM graphics problem. It turns out that it was just not do-able, but I have managed to get another laptop, and even though it still has an intel Graphics Chip, it is a lot better than the other one. I get 'desktop effects' Yaaaay :)

What I want to know is, Every time I boot up 10.10, it asks me for a 'Keyring' password in order to connect the wireless internet, and what I want to do is have it connect automatically on boot-up, if possible.

If there are commands that need to be entered into the terminal, could someone please tell me what to enter in.

Thanks - Mark ........ Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat)

raja.genupula
March 16th, 2012, 12:03 PM
http://davestechsupport.com/blog/2009/01/16/how-to-remove-ubuntus-password-keyring/

bipolaric
March 16th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Hi, Thanks for the reply,

My password options are located in: System > Preferences > Passwords and Encryption Keys.

But I can only find the option to change my wireless password, which is different from my 'keyring' password, which I can not seem to find.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks - Mark

bipolaric
March 16th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Hello Again,

I've sorted it. Thanks.

'Only one more thing I would like to be able to do.....

Even though the 'keyring' password is gone, I still have to click on 'wireless' connection, then 'My Network Name' to connect.

Is there any way I can get the wireless to turn on Automatically ?

Please let me know.... Thanks Again - Mark

bipolaric
March 16th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Auto connect sorted,

Thanks for your help.

Mark