PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Default Menu in Ubuntu

jimijames
March 15th, 2012, 03:55 PM
I recently installed Cinnamon 1.2, and right clicked on the default top panel, which brings up a menu that gives you the option to delete that panel (not sure if that is the technical term). I did it hoping it would free up some much-needed monitor space (even though windows can be placed over it in cinnamon) Now, in ubuntu, the "ubuntu" logo which appears above the unity menu (on the top left corner of the screen) is gone, and a menu no longer comes up when I right click on the desktop background.

In openbox this same menu comes up when I use nautilus instead of pcmanfm (however it doesn't after making the aforementioned change), so I imagine it has something to do with the gnome environment and not the unity or cinnamon shells, though both use it to implement different features. I'm largely unfamiliar with the gnome environment right now (been using OB and FB as standalone window managers after trying out arch linux), so I'm not entirely sure what I need to do to enable the panel/menu/DE on startup.

Thanks in advance for any help.