PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] How to install lubuntu 11.10 using usb stick?

Thebuntuway
March 15th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Hi there!
I had download ubuntu 11.10 before and i had many problem using it. It is because my lame pc and very idiotic processor. I can called that my aspire one d255 is and ancient caveman pc because it slow and keep freezing all time! So i decide to change my mind to using lubuntu. I see it reference that tell it is very suitable for 'anger-testing' pc like mine because it fast and light weight and also enviroment friendly. YES, I DO LOVE EARTH!..so then, can someone tell me how to install these OS into usb stick and install it in my lame pc that now using ubuntu 11.10 and i tried to install from these os. Just tell me the guide and i will follow. If any wrong, i will come back and tell what is wrong.
Thank you!):P

SteveDee
March 15th, 2012, 02:44 PM
...so then, can someone tell me how to install these OS into usb stick and install it in my lame pc that now using ubuntu 11.10...

If you want to switch from Ubuntu to Lubuntu follow this: http://psychocats.net/ubuntu/purelxde

To make a USB stick, download the Lubuntu ISO from the download web page. Open Synaptic Package Manager (from System Tools menu) then search and install: use-creator-gtk

Now run Startup Disk Creator from the System Tools menu to make your USB stick.

C.S.Cameron
March 15th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I prefer using Startup Disk Creator from the Live CD or usb-creator from the iso, to install to USB.
UNetbootin also works.
Set Bios to use the USB as first hard drive.
If computer will not boot USB you should be able to use Plop to boot it.
Boot the USB and follow instructions.

118118jo
March 15th, 2012, 02:53 PM
i think you can do the install thow you currnt OS or on you boss menu by hit f12 or f2 i will say boot then a key i hope i helled :D

Thebuntuway
March 16th, 2012, 04:26 PM
i think you can do the install thow you currnt OS or on you boss menu by hit f12 or f2 i will say boot then a key i hope i helled :D

Did you mean BIOS??

Thebuntuway
March 16th, 2012, 04:28 PM
THANKS GUYS!!!..YOU HELP ME OUT!!..NOW LET HAVE SOME ROCK!!!:guitar: