PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Confirm a bug for me - "Shelf" Compiz plugin doesn't work at all with Ubuntu 11.10?

Curious00
March 13th, 2012, 08:36 PM
It seems to be a consensus here at the Ubuntu forums that Compiz is a really fragile thing, and it's difficult to set up the effects without inadvertantly breaking other things and making your system unstable.

There's one specific problem, I noted last night though, which doesn't seem to be addressed anywhere. There's a plugin which is currently in the compiz-fusion-plugins-extra handful of stuff which I would really like to use but which seems to be incompatible with Ubuntu 11.10 and Unity. It's the "Shelf" plugin.

Can anyone confirm this effect? You can shrink the window with Super-l and then as long as that window has focus you can adjust its size with the various hotkeys. However, the moment you shift focus away from that shrunken window - then you cannot manipulate it, move it around, or bring it back to its active state and full girth. It's as if the clicks of the mouse go right through to the desktop - as if the shrunken window was invisible to the software.

I wonder if this is a known bug, and if it is not, how to report it to the Unity (and perhaps the Compiz) staff.

____

cheshirekow
May 16th, 2012, 04:40 AM
Yeah, I have the same problem. When I shrink a window it will not accept any input. The only way to refocus it seems to be to select it from the task bar.