PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Bluefish Help

pentathlos
March 11th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Hello everybody, I've just recently got the opportunity to come back to Ubuntu (yay!) but with a huge disappointment I could not find the function that I was appreciating the most of my programming editor of choice (Bluefish): the "find in project" function. At first it looked absolutely impossible for me that such a helpful function was removed from the editor, but I couldn't find any reference to it in any manual.
So my question is the following: is there any new way of doing it (other than opening all the files and using "search in all opened files")? If not: is there any other light program that could do it?

PS: if there is any Bluefish developer reading this: please take that function back ! It was really helpful for people working with large projects and also was a distinctive function of this program (I've never found it in any other php editor) !
(I tried to look for their forum but couldn't find it >.<)

Thank you very much for the help !
penta

andrew.46
March 12th, 2012, 08:21 AM
I can see the feature you describe in the 'advanced' window for Find. Screenshot attached. Hopefully this is what you are after?

pentathlos
March 12th, 2012, 02:17 PM
In fact I cannot understand why they did remove such a helpful feature. Zen mutilation?

The only scope options in the actual version (at least the one that I downloaded from Ubuntu Software Center) are:
- entire document
- forward from cursor
- selection
- all open files

Penta

pentathlos
March 13th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Oh, dear Bluefish programmers, I see what you did there ! Too smart for me indeed.
Your documentation anyway is a little bit unordered (at least the ones that Mr. Google suggested to me), therefore I'll explain the found solution for future searchers:

open you project
file -> close all
file -> open advanced

bae dir: select the directory that you want Bluefish to scan
pattern: *
recursive: true
contains -> pattern: here you insert the text to be searched
open

now simply edit -> replace -> scope("all open files")

and it's done.
o/