PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] can't login to lubuntu netbook

Azyx
March 11th, 2012, 12:50 PM
I made a lubuntu 11.10 install on a ubuntu 11.04 (eeePC 900) but keep the home-partiton. Lubuntu work very well, but I wish to try lubuntu neetbook, but when I try to login, my password don't seem to work and the login-window just reload. But if I choose 'lubuntu' it work.
/Cheers

SteveDee
March 12th, 2012, 07:52 AM
You are probably missing a few files & folders. Do a search for: netbook

You should find a folder: Lubuntu-Netbook
and files like: startlubuntu-netbook

Azyx
March 12th, 2012, 09:45 AM
You are probably missing a few files & folders. Do a search for: netbook

You should find a folder: Lubuntu-Netbook
and files like: startlubuntu-netbook

1) How can I search for files on the computer in file manager?

2) If i don't have them, where do I find them in synaptic? Have tried to find netbook the, but don't find it för more than Unity and KDE.

PS. I also find gkt2-engine-moblin in repository.

sudodus
March 12th, 2012, 09:53 AM
I made a lubuntu 11.10 install on a ubuntu 11.04 (eeePC 900) but keep the home-partiton. Lubuntu work very well, but I wish to try lubuntu neetbook, but when I try to login, my password don't seem to work and the login-window just reload. But if I choose 'lubuntu' it work.
/Cheers
The problem might be that you kept your /home partition. What happens when you run Lubuntu live? (Anyway, I can log into Lubuntu netbook. I prefer the normal Lubuntu desktop environment, but I hope you can test it live, and find out if you need it).

Edit: It is worth trying the new beta release of Lubuntu Precise. It works very well for me (taking into account that it is beta)

Azyx
March 12th, 2012, 10:14 AM
The problem might be that you kept your /home partition. What happens when you run Lubuntu live? (Anyway, I can log into Lubuntu netbook. I prefer the normal Lubuntu desktop environment, but I hope you can test it live, and find out if you need it).

Edit: It is worth trying the new beta release of Lubuntu Precise. It works very well for me (taking into account that it is beta)

What user and password do i need in live-cd?

Azyx
March 12th, 2012, 10:23 AM

I find i could use user 'ubuntu' and empty password to log in to 'Lubuntu', but that don't work on 'Lubuntu Netbook'. So the problems exist even on the Live-CD. Have Lubuntu dropped the support for Lubuntu-Netbook, but still have it in the login (lxdm)?

WasMeHere
March 12th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Hej igen :-)

Maybe you have problems because of some old setting in your /home. Lubuntu Precise netbook DE worked out of the box for me. It looks like this (after a minimum of tweaking (of the window colours). See the attachment

Olle

Edit: I just noticed that Lubuntu 11.10 netbook DE does not work live either, so you have more reason to try Lubuntu Precise ;-)

SteveDee
March 12th, 2012, 10:26 PM
1) How can I search for files on the computer in file manager?...

You can't search in the light-weight file manager PCManFM, but you can install: gnome-search-tool

...however, there is not much point. Just install a clean copy of Lubuntu on an old machine or VirtualBox.

...or, if you want to switch your existing Ubuntu machine to Lubuntu, follow this:-
http://psychocats.net/ubuntu/purelxde

Azyx
March 12th, 2012, 11:45 PM
You can't search in the light-weight file manager PCManFM, but you can install: gnome-search-tool

...however, there is not much point. Just install a clean copy of Lubuntu on an old machine or VirtualBox.

...or, if you want to switch your existing Ubuntu machine to Lubuntu, follow this:-
http://psychocats.net/ubuntu/purelxde

1) ok

I have a clean install of Lubuntu, I only saved the home-partition so my files and configurations was left.

Astrange thing isom my 64-bit Ubuntu there I insalled both lulubuntu andxubuntu, to learn and valuate the 3 dist, the Lubuntu Netbook work.

nattomi
March 16th, 2012, 09:31 PM
I had the same problem and I've found this workaround: http://forum.lxde.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31535

Azyx
March 17th, 2012, 12:40 AM
I had the same problem and I've found this workaround: http://forum.lxde.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31535

Great, worked fine :) Thanx a lot :)
/Cheers