PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 11.10 Untiy indicators blue

impromptu-impression
March 11th, 2012, 10:15 AM
OK its been a week I am now in Unity, now I starts to feel it why many are hating it. I have several Q I need to ask here and rant about

1. on the me menu, I click online accounts, well it did give me the choice to add it but when I click the + button, it only return account type Google, what if I use others too ( which I do ) so how can I get that list added , and not just Google

2. on the messaging menu, that little envelop icon. I set up the IM using and broadcast alright, but by default it get the e-mail to T-bird , but I use evolution and I've already set the default e-mail to Evolution. yet the little thing insist on showing the T-bird ... how to get that little bugger to actually read the user config and put evolution on the messaging / email instead.

The lack of control on these elements and their failure to properly integrate with other part of the OS seems pretty obvious to me

And finally is there any means actually out there for an end user to configure those and that of the whole desktop. Even the old Gnome had right click to go where one wants it ... :(