PDA

View Full Version : What's in Your Bag

plurworldinc
March 11th, 2012, 04:38 AM
:guitar: Oh the goog old day of 7 pound laptop bags with everything under the sun from our 1 pound laptops with 0 feet or wires and enough gear to power a small country. I can still remember my first trip though the airport when I had a bag on wheels so heavy I had to buy an extra ticket for a friend just to help me get my computer from Philadephia to New York.

However times have changed and the cloud is here, So i was wondering, What is in you bag today!!!

Today I am sporting my Ubuntu messager bag with my Acer Zenbook,one 10 inch Samsung tablet with Ubuntu (Gnome Shell) and two pens just in case a hard copy is actually needed.

So What is in your bag?

MisterGaribaldi
March 11th, 2012, 04:56 AM
:guitar: Oh the goog old day of 7 pound laptop bags with everything under the sun from our 1 pound laptops with 0 feet or wires and enough gear to power a small country. I can still remember my first trip though the airport when I had a bag on wheels so heavy I had to buy an extra ticket for a friend just to help me get my computer from Philadephia to New York.

However times have changed and the cloud is here, So i was wondering, What is in you bag today!!!

Today I am sporting my Ubuntu messager bag with my Acer Zenbook,one 10 inch Samsung tablet with Ubuntu (Gnome Shell) and two pens just in case a hard copy is actually needed.

So What is in your bag?

Bag? What bag? I just use a laptop sleeve.

jonnyboysmithy
March 11th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Bag? What bag? I just use a laptop sleeve.
Sleeve? what sleeve? I just use a laptop:D

sffvba[e0rt
March 11th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Sleeve? what sleeve? I just use a laptop:D

Laptop? What laptop? I just use my android device that can boot an Ubuntu desktop too :p

jonnyboysmithy
March 11th, 2012, 05:50 AM
laptop? What laptop? I just use my android device that can boot an ubuntu desktop too :p

404they released ubuntu for android!!!?????

sffvba[e0rt
March 11th, 2012, 05:57 AM
they released ubuntu for android!!!?????

Almost - http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/android

jonnyboysmithy
March 11th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Almost - http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/android

<3 <3 <3
This WILL be a BIG success (I think) (I also think we hijacked the thread):-\"

btw, how much would these phones cost and where would they be avaliable?

sffvba[e0rt
March 11th, 2012, 06:34 AM
<3 <3 <3
This WILL be a BIG success (I think) (I also think we hijacked the thread):-\"

btw, how much would these phones cost and where would they be avaliable?

There isn't anything yet so this can't be answered...

OT: In my bag I have my HP 530 Laptop, power supply, VGA cable, two pens, wireless mouse and normally one or other book :)

whatthefunk
March 11th, 2012, 06:48 AM
I have a book, a bike lock, a pencil case, a water bottle, and a folder. Why would I want to be "connected" every where I go???

viperdvman
March 11th, 2012, 07:01 AM
I have a fairly small bag for my 10" Asus EeePC. Though I'm not sure if I can even fit its power cord in it, but I can fit USB sticks and SD card cases in the front pocket.

jonnyboysmithy
March 11th, 2012, 08:19 AM
I have a book, a bike lock, a pencil case, a water bottle, and a folder. Why would I want to be "connected" every where I go???
So you can get extra radiation??, Lol 100 years ago or so they were selling radioactive chocolate bars as a health food.

nothingspecial
March 11th, 2012, 08:25 AM
I don't have a bag :(

Elfy
March 11th, 2012, 08:49 AM
I'm with whatthefunk ...

Not literally ;)

josephmills
March 11th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Live cds to hand out. a computer & its power cord Swiss army knife can opener paper and A lot of Dog Hair.
http://www.homepagedaily.com/uploads/20090525/53c992e9-76b4-4f10-8011-64e8ee9c03f2/files/suitcase.jpg

keithpeter
March 11th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Hello All

I have two power supplies, one at home and one at work, so no need to carry one.

25 minutes each way on the train, so 4 hours of thinking time a week. No connection, just typing.

My 10" netbook 11.10 on it comes with me for the ride. I also have a notebook and pens and the badge to get into work. That's about it.

haqking
March 11th, 2012, 11:08 AM
sheets of plastic
duct tape
plasticuffs
2 or 3 syringes of M99
A bag of assorted blades
surgical gloves
assorted wigs
and a protein bar

wait what bag do you mean ? ;-)

winh8r
March 11th, 2012, 11:08 AM
I don't use a "bag" everyday, but in my "Can you come and have a look at my computer?" bag there is:
Ubuntu 10.04.4LTS live cd, Slitaz live cd,UltimateBootCD,A DVD containing lots of drivers that I have collected.
Multimeter, screwdrivers, soldering kit, pliers,multi-voltage laptop power supply and adaptors, spare desktop pc power lead.
Magnifying Glass,USB mouse,portable "rollup" silicon rubber keyboard, CR2032 batteries for motherboards,tweezers,spare hard drive jumpers.
A plastic sandwich box containing random components, RAM sticks,etc
A small diary with various settings, workarounds and fixes written in to it.
USB hard drive enclosure,usually empty.
Air Duster
Roll of self adhesive address labels
spare pack of cigarette papers
chocolate of some description
Paracetamol/painkillers

It is not exactly lightweight, but I have found that it usually has everything in it that I might need!

EDIT****** Just saw Haqkings reply above and had a good chuckle, "oh, you mean that bag?" good one.

markp1989
March 11th, 2012, 11:40 AM
my uni bag has:

13" laptop
a few A4 note pads
1 a5 note pad.
a few pens/pencils, small ruler, highlighters etc
A folder thing for holding lose sheets of paper
32GB usb thumb drive
4gb bootable usb thumb drive running overclockix
my Mifi (portable wifi hotspot as its cheaper to get it separate than add teetering to my mobile)
micro usb cable (for charging phone)
Sometimes a laptop charger depending how long I plan to be out
The odd text book but I try to avoid carrying them as they are heavy

haqking: liking the Dexter reference, based on some of the people I see on my travels your bag would probably be more useful than mine.

yetiman64
March 11th, 2012, 11:46 AM
I'm with whatthefunk ...

Not literally ;)

sheets of plastic
duct tape
plasticuffs
2 or 3 syringes of M99
A bag of assorted blades
surgical gloves
assorted wigs
and a protein bar

wait what bag do you mean ? ;-)
ROTF:lol:, stop it hurts !

OT: a dead laptop. :(

haqking
March 11th, 2012, 01:08 PM
ROTF, stop it hurts !

haqking: liking the Dexter reference, based on some of the people I see on my travels your bag would probably be more useful than mine.

EDIT****** Just saw Haqkings reply above and had a good chuckle, "oh, you mean that bag?" good one.

I have a few bags, i get confused ;-)

If you mean my real laptop bag then

2 laptops
4 or 5 USB wifi adapters/3 or 4 PCMCIA cards
numerous USB cables
a few USB flash drives (various bootable OS)
a few USB HDD with various VM's on
a CD/DVD sleeve with various stuff on
a rubber foldable keyboard
a selection of hardware keyloggers
2 power adaptors
pens/notepads
various SD/compactflsh cards
portable card reader
USB daffodil lamp
Bluetooth mouse
network cables
leatherman

some stuff im sure ive forgot

oh and some assorted wigs and a protein bar ;-)

kazztan0325
March 11th, 2012, 01:34 PM
I have a big bag.
A bug live in the bag.
The bug bog in the bag.
I beg the bug to leave my big bag.

plurworldinc
March 11th, 2012, 08:07 PM
After I asked this question I saw a lady a my local bookstore that had a full size tot bag with everything under the sun. She had her laptop, tablet, cellphone, wacom tablet, speakers, headphones, cds, dvds, an extra set of keys and a full meal. I had to ask her why her bag was so big and she told me she lives down the street and needed everything. I thouhgt it was just priceless....

haqking
March 11th, 2012, 08:16 PM
After I asked this question I saw a lady a my local bookstore that had a full size tot bag with everything under the sun. She had her laptop, tablet, cellphone, wacom tablet, speakers, headphones, cds, dvds, an extra set of keys and a full meal. I had to ask her why her bag was so big and she told me she lives down the street and needed everything. I thouhgt it was just priceless....

I am a little curious/worried as to how you know the contents of a strangers bag ;-)

Copper Bezel
March 11th, 2012, 08:47 PM
My Eee (S101, with 11.10) in its sleeve, power adapter, dumbphone, earbuds, a flash drive, a paper notebook, and usually textbooks and folders for class materials. Plus the usual bag kitsch - sticky notes, some pens, lip balm, ibuprofen, keys. Sometimes a stapler. There's a lot more bag than computer - I got it because it was large enough to carry a substantial pile of paper documents or books and all the sort of "purse" stuff with or without the computer.

I'll be adding a tablet to the mix when the new MeMo is released. Nothing 3G, still. I'm not very "connected."

BeRoot ReBoot
March 11th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Hand disinfectant, a pack of disposable rubber gloves, a full set of eating utensils, and a Faraday cage for my phone.

s.fox
March 12th, 2012, 12:56 AM
In my netbook bag I have

1) Asus Transformer
2) 2 pens
3) A notebook
4) A 8GB USB stick

JDShu
March 12th, 2012, 03:43 AM
Textbooks, Notebooks, Research Papers, Mug, and other school related documents.

Usually my Asus Eee PC Seashell is in it too, but I'm using that right now :)

wirepuller134
March 12th, 2012, 05:32 AM
I have 2 bags that I carry depending on what we are going to. Neither one rides on planes with us to sites, we UPS red them to where we are going and then back.

Bag 1:
laptop
power supply
plug in serial ports
basic cable set (consist of the most common rs232 and dh485 cables we use)
4 patch cables
4 port switch
250 watt inverter
24 VDC power supply 150 watt.
Spare hardrive for laptop, that is kept current once a week.

Bag 2:
full set up tools (Klein screw drivers/nut drivers/so fourth, no wrenches/sockets so fourth)
full set of cables (about 200 various cables for different manufacturers equipment)
Wireless access point
Banner engineering wireless node and gateway.
spare laptop that is kept current once a week.
G306A00 Redion touch screen.

spynappels
March 12th, 2012, 12:00 PM
In my bag:
Dell Latitude Laptop
USB Headset
Several Pencils
A5 Notebook
(No power, dock at work and power supply at home)

In my pocket:
Leatherman Skeletool
Fenix PD20 Flashlight
Access card
Desire HD Phone

rg4w
March 12th, 2012, 02:45 PM
- Either my Dell Vostro or my Asus Transformer, depending on where I'm going
- latest issue of .Net magazine
- grid note pad
- two pens
- first aid kit
- flashlight
- Ubuntu CD ready to be given out if needed
- 16 GB USB drive
- Leatherman multitool

Teanecy
March 14th, 2012, 10:55 AM
1) Glasses box
2) 2 pens
3) A notebook
4) A 4GB mp4
5) Purse
6) A packet of paper towel

mamamia88
March 14th, 2012, 07:44 PM
well i really don't carry a bag but when i go on a trip this weekend it will include kindle 3 keyboard, sennheiser headphones, playstation vita, sony walkman mp3 player 16gb, and htc inspire 4g

schtufbox
March 14th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Bag? I have no bag...but in the top box of my motorbike I have..
Waterproofs
Bungee cords
A Laptop.
Jar of Coffee.