PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Flash for 11.10, 64-bit

mzimmers
March 10th, 2012, 03:58 AM
I'm trying to get Flash installed for my browsers. I found what I think is the right package to download, and now the Ubuntu Software Center is asking me to choose an application for opening "apt links." What do I select for this?

Thanks.

_0R10N
March 10th, 2012, 04:14 AM
What exactly do you mean by "apt links". By the way, updating your repositories information should be enough to get a proper Flash version.

mzimmers
March 10th, 2012, 04:17 AM
When I hit the "download now" button on the Adobe site, I got a "launch application" window, and it asks me to choose an app. At the bottom of the window, there's a check box for "remember my choice for apt links."

How do I go about updating repository information?

Thank you.

pootan
March 10th, 2012, 04:42 AM
The Ubuntu Software Center is offering to be the default program to open apt links. If you don't have any special needs you should tick the box and proceed.

Also I would recommend this addon if you are using firefox.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flash-aid/

made by a moderator of this very forum.

mzimmers
March 10th, 2012, 04:58 AM
Ah, thank you. I misunderstood the dialog box. I now have flash up and running.

I'll download that add-on you recommend, though I imagine I'll be moving to Chrome soon.

I'll mark this solved if someone tells me how to.

pootan
March 10th, 2012, 05:01 AM
Well if your flash is working then I would just leave it and not use the Flash Aid add on. It's only recommended if you have problems. Cheers.

wildmanne39
March 10th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Hi, flashaid will solve your problems for chrome also with just the one install in firefox.

You use thread tools at the top of the page to mark the thread solved.
Thanks