PDA

View Full Version : SurveyMonkey Ubuntu survey link

t0p
March 9th, 2012, 06:16 PM
On Facebook I came across this link (http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/UbuntuSurvey2012) to a survey about Ubuntu by SurveyMonkey. They say:

Take the Ubuntu User Survey and help build a picture of how people really discover, use and share Ubuntu. Results will be available to everyone

and it looks pretty anonymous to me... they don't even ask for an email address or name.

Mmmbopdowedop
March 9th, 2012, 06:19 PM
How exciting!

t0p
March 9th, 2012, 07:36 PM
How exciting!

Darn right! My hands were shaking so much, I could hardly type the post...

:p

jerrrys
March 10th, 2012, 03:28 AM
So they get your attention with the ubuntu survey and then at the end they spam you. It total spam, you been sucked in.

MisterGaribaldi
March 10th, 2012, 04:52 AM
I have a better idea.

How about you guys send me a million dollars each?

All I want is the money. I don't give a toot about your email addresses, bank accounts, security access code(s) to the buildings you work in... nothing. I just want the money.

As I see it, this is a win-win situation. You get to help out someone who really could use the money, and in exchange you don't get spammed. What's not to like?

aysiu
March 10th, 2012, 05:29 AM
They didn't spam me. Did they even ask for an email address on that survey?

jerrrys
March 10th, 2012, 06:29 AM

I call that a slick way to spam.

MisterGaribaldi
March 10th, 2012, 06:31 AM

Ah, but you can never tell with survey monkeys, can you, aysiu? Sure, they don't "ask" for your email address. Then, when you're not looking, they swing into your house with their tails and find where you've hidden your email address on that little scrap of paper folded up and tossed in the back of the second drawer down on the left side of your desk. Right behind your archived copies of Byte Magazine from 1984. Yep.

"The only good survey monkey is a dead survey monkey," as my grandfather who died in the late 1960s a few years before I was born liked to say.