PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] disable CD drive

ramakanta
March 9th, 2012, 03:13 PM
I have ubuntu 10.04, my Que. is how to disable my CD drive like in windows OS.
thank you.

:confused:

codemaniac
March 9th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Go to System> Admin > Users and Groups> click Unlock + enter password> click properties> User Privileges tab> scroll down and uncheck "Use CD-ROM drives"> click OK.

pavi_elex
March 9th, 2012, 03:39 PM
To disable cd-rom
simply remove the user from the 'cdrom' group. Then the user should not be able to access it (in user management there is an advanced tab where you can uncheck such option).

or

mv /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/cdrom/cdrom.ko /rootor

Go to System> Admin.> Users and Groups> click Unlock, enter password> highlight a user account> click properties> User Privileges tab> scroll down and uncheck "Use CD-ROM drives"> click OK.

squilookle
March 9th, 2012, 04:30 PM
What do you mean when you say you want to disable your CD drive? Do you want to permanently/completely disable it, or just stop it mounting or autorunning discs when you put them in?

ramakanta
March 11th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Go to System> Admin > Users and Groups> click Unlock + enter password> click properties> User Privileges tab> scroll down and uncheck "Use CD-ROM drives"> click OK.
not working..

ramakanta
March 11th, 2012, 02:28 PM
What do you mean when you say you want to disable your CD drive? Do you want to permanently/completely disable it, or just stop it mounting or autorunning discs when you put them in?
i want to disable permanently.

also if possible please help me how stop auto-running or mounting.
thank you.