PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] safemode in kubuntu11.10

delvinjosedeu
March 8th, 2012, 07:37 AM
How to access safemode in kubuntu 11.10? pls..

sikander3786
March 8th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Welcome to the forums! :)

My first question would be, why you want to access safe mode? Linux safe mode is a bit different from Windows one and if you want to do a certain task, it might or might not be do-able from Kubuntu safe mode. So, first need to figure out why you need to access it.

Regardless of that, you can press and hold down <Shift> key from your Bios screen. You should then see the Grub menu. In this menu, the second entry with '(Recovery)' at the end of the line can be considered as safe mode.

delvinjosedeu
March 8th, 2012, 09:03 AM
In windows if the system is crashed due to some aplication issue we enter through safe mode and restore the os. i just want to know this facility is available in kubuntu 11.10? And how to access it?

sikander3786
March 8th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Kubuntu won't crash as bad as Windows, I can assure you for 99.9% of the time. :D

For the rest of times, you can fix any problems from the 'Recovery' mode but you'd either need some know-how of the Linux commands or would need guidance to fix your issue. If it ever happens, these forums are the best place to seek help. ;)

Some times, simply the Desktop Environments fail but the underlying 'System' is running. Then, you can just press Ctrl + Alt + F1 at the Login Window and login to the TTY1 (Terminal) and investigate the issue. In very few rare cases, you'd need the 'Recovery' mode.

Hope you enjoy your stay with Linux. :)

delvinjosedeu
March 8th, 2012, 10:31 AM
thaks for ur help.:)