PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 10.04 Unexpected Inconsistency during every boot.........

s4sarath
March 8th, 2012, 04:54 AM
Hi ,

First of all i would like to remind you all of the same problems posted here, but almost all went up without a clean possible solution.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1846194

This is the previously mentioned thread.
So, guys is there any possible solution this headache. If so, please discuss here.
Thanks to all in advance.

typhoon_tip
March 8th, 2012, 05:04 AM
Check the SMART data of your drive first, and post here, would be helpful. You can find them in Disk Management tool under System menu.

s4sarath
March 8th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Hey disk management details means , the partition and volumes of my hard disk?

s4sarath
March 8th, 2012, 05:13 AM
== START OF INFORMATION SECTION ===
Device Model: ST3320418AS
Serial Number: 6VMV3XZ7
Firmware Version: CC46
User Capacity: 320,072,933,376 bytes
Device is: Not in smartctl database [for details use: -P showall]
ATA Version is: 8
ATA Standard is: ATA-8-ACS revision 4
Local Time is: Thu Mar 8 09:42:44 2012 IST
SMART support is: Available - device has SMART capability.
SMART support is: Enabled

typhoon_tip
March 8th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Open Disk Utility, select your internal Hard Drive and then click "View Smart Data", there should be a status there "healthy" or "not-so-healthy" mentioned on top of a big list of items (depending on how old is the drive).

s4sarath
March 8th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Yeah..i Just checked the status....

The disk is "healthy".

typhoon_tip
March 8th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Sorry but the linked thread you provided talks about "total damages on a hard drive due to hardware failure", how are we supposed to help ? Are you sure you are having exactly the same situation ? Since your disk is "healthy", I think probably is not the same case... Can you describe better the "unexpected inconsistency"..? Some screenshot or explaining the symptoms in details may help as well.

s4sarath
March 8th, 2012, 10:58 AM
yeah...exactly...

my problem is same as that mentioned in thread i have provided above......

typhoon_tip
March 8th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Do you need to recover important data ?

s4sarath
March 9th, 2012, 10:56 AM
there is not much data in there.
I am really concerned that, i have to run fsck check and command after every restart.
any possibilities dude?

typhoon_tip
March 12th, 2012, 01:57 AM
This seems very weird, especially if the hard drive is healthy. Do you have another Hard Drive to test ? Moreover, have you set the HD Controller in SATA-AHCI mode in your BIOS settings ? I found that if the controller is left in "compatibility" mode, Ubuntu doesn't like this Windows-XP-compatibility-setting very much, and may behave weirdly (tested with 10.04 and 10.10).