PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Move Left Menu Bar to Bottom (without installing anything)

ubunt10
March 8th, 2012, 04:00 AM
Hi,

I just installed Ubuntu 11. Is there a way for me to the icon/menu bar thing to the bottom of the screen without installing anything? It sort of feels like browsing the internet with my cell phone. I do not have a big monitor, so it cramps my browser window and requires me to scroll horizontally to use a web page.

Thank you.

grahammechanical
March 8th, 2012, 02:55 PM
The answer is no.

In 11.10 there is a limited set of modifications that we can make to Unity but we need to install Compiz Configuration Settings Manager (CCSM) and use its Unity Plug-in to make those adjustments.

Even so, the option to move the Launcher reveal location to screen bottom or right side never worked at all.

In 12.04 there are a few adjustments to Unity that can be made through the System Settings Appearance utility but moving the reveal location is not one of them.

In fact although there is an increase in the number of modifications we can do to Unity through CCSM the option to change the reveal location is no longer available.

We also get a warning when we run CCSM that some of its options may break the desktop.

12.04 is now at feature freeze. So, it will not change from what I am at this moment using. This means that even when 12.04 is officially released at the end of April we will still need to install CCSM. And changing the reveal location will not be an option either.

Regards.

Krytarik
March 9th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Even so, the option to move the Launcher reveal location to screen bottom or right side never worked at all.
If you are talking about the "Reveal Mode" option, that's how to reveal the Launcher, not where! ;-)

Regards.