PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrading to 11.10

aj4rk
March 7th, 2012, 12:54 AM
I have version 11.04 installed on my laptop and want to upgrade to 11.10. When I use the update manager to do the update it does not find version 11.10, what do I need to do to get it to work?

Script Warlock
March 7th, 2012, 03:23 AM
I have version 11.04 installed on my laptop and want to upgrade to 11.10. When I use the update manager to do the update it does not find version 11.10, what do I need to do to get it to work? terminal type update-manager -d

ingeva
March 7th, 2012, 01:32 PM
I have version 11.04 installed on my laptop and want to upgrade to 11.10. When I use the update manager to do the update it does not find version 11.10, what do I need to do to get it to work?

WHY do you want to upgrade to 11.10? Have you seen it in action?
The new Unity interface is ugly and clumsy. I was recommended to use Xubuntu or XFCE instead and they are much better, but the sound card doesn't work properly in my PC (Dell Vostro 400 with Radeon 2600).
In Ubuntu (the one with "unity") it doesn't work at all, so there's another reason to not use it.
I just tried the 12.04 beta. Same thing.
They've obviously been listening too much to Mr. Gates (below). :)

If you choose to do it anyway, make sure you have proper backup. I'll bet my shirt that you'll want to use it.

Regards, Frustrated.