PDA

View Full Version : Kubuntu Mobile 5.0

AaronThorpe
June 10th, 2006, 03:36 PM
:D When will they make a linux mobile..??????
I have a Samsung i730 and I LOVE IT....except windows locks up on that tooooo!!!!!!! GRRRRR.

When will Kubuntu Mobile come out????

Jucato
June 10th, 2006, 04:10 PM
I hope so, soon. I have an Orange SPV e100 (also known as HTC Tanager/QTek 7070) and it's running on a very old Windows Smartphone 2002 OS.

I wish it could run Linux, even if not KDE. :D

BWF89
June 11th, 2006, 12:19 AM
Theres no way a mobile device could or would run KDE or Gnome. I think most of them just use the kernel and build their own proprietary firmware around it.

ComplexNumber
June 11th, 2006, 12:55 AM
Theres no way a mobile device could or would run KDE or Gnome. I think most of them just use the kernel and build their own proprietary firmware around it.yes, there is. sort of. there's the nokia 770...although its not a phone. maemo is based on gnome and is built on gtk.
also, palm and palmsource use gnome. motorola use qt (ie qtopia). don't know about sharp, panasonic, and the others. i know that nokia is a big supporter of open source, and there have been hints of them switching from symbian to linux with their s60 interface....or maybe not. motorola does lots of linux phones and smartphones, but they have crippled their smartphones by not allowing them to be hacked so easily. this is because they(or rather, the operators don't) don't want users to put skype and other such applications on their phone.

jack frost
September 17th, 2006, 10:30 PM
So if you buy a linux based smartphone ...you still will not be able to sync the contacts etc. ?

maxenzo2
July 31st, 2010, 07:28 PM
So if you buy a linux based smartphone ...you still will not be able to sync the contacts etc. ?
I know this is an old thread,but its funny the fact i have write this post with an android linux mobile phone. :)

overdrank
July 31st, 2010, 07:55 PM
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5451/necromancing.jpg